|What Have I Done to Deserve This?|
|Season 2, episode 19|
|Alex and Meredith are talking.|
February 26, 2006
- "Okay, so, sometimes even the best of us make rash decisions. Bad decisions. Decisions we pretty much know we're going to regret the moment, the minute, especially the morning after. I mean, maybe not regret, regret because at least, you know, we put ourselves out there. But...still. Something inside us decides to do a crazy thing. A thing we know will probably turn around and bite us in the ass. Yet, we do it anyway. What I'm saying is...we reap what we sow. what comes around goes around. It's karma and, any way you slice it...karma sucks. Like I was saying payback's a bitch. One way or another our karma will leave us to face ourselves. We can look our karma in the eye or we can wait for it to sneak up on us from behind. One way or another, our karma will always find us. And the truth is, as surgeons, we have more chances than most to set the balance in our favor. No matter how hard we try we can't escape our karma. It follows us home. I guess we can't really complain about our karma. It's not unfair. It's not unexpected. It just...evens the score. And even when we're about to do something we know will tempt karma to bite us in the ass...well, it goes without saying. We do it anyway."
- —George O'Malley
The morning after the night before and the repercussions of George and Meredith unravel, while another doctor has eyes for George. Although on maternity leave, Bailey still works when Addison asks her for a personal consult.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd
- Isaiah Washington as Dr. Preston Burke
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Denny Duquette
- Ann Cusack as Amy
- Jonathan Slavin as Rick
- Mark Harelik as Keith Polace
- Matt Roth as Michael
- Cress Williams as Tucker Jones
- Sarah Utterback as Olivia Harper
- Noah Gray-Cabey as Shawn Beglight
- "Careless Love" - Madeline Peyroux
- "I Hate Everyone" - Get Set Go
- "Be Gentle With Me" - The Boy Least Likely To
- "Throw It All Away" - Brandi Carlile
- "Slow Down" - New Moscow
- "Just One Breath" - Devics
- "Like a Star" - Corinne Bailey Rae
- "Newsflash" - Sandra Melody
- "Today Has Been Okay" - Emilíana Torrini
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song What Have I Done to Deserve This?, originally sung by Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield.
- This episode scored 24.76 million viewers.
- This is the first episode Meredith has not narrated. George narrated instead.
- The first appearance of Sara Ramírez as Callie Torres.
- Izzie: (about Alex) What? So I slept with him again. So I'm a big whore. A big horny whore who can't get enough. Can we get over the shocked silence already?
- Alex: All right. So you slept with O'Malley. Big deal. Get over it already.
- Meredith: He told you?
- Alex: What? No. I...I was just kidding! Well, it's not like I should be surprised.
- Meredith: Why not?
- Alex: Because when your life is sucky, you get drunk and sleep with inappropriate men. It’s your thing. Whatever. I find it charming.
- Meredith: Well- you sleep with inappropriate women when you're sober.
- Alex: Hey! Izzie forgave me for that! Why are you trying to piss me off?
- Meredith: You're trying to suggest that it's OK for you to sleep with Olivia, but not OK for me to sleep with George.
- (George walks in)
- George: You told him?!
- Meredith: George wait! It's not what you think!
- George: Wow, when I'm wrong about someone, I'm REALLY wrong!
- Alex: Dude! Chill!
- George: I'M NOT — I WILL NOT CHILL.
- Izzie and Cristina: What's going on?
- Alex: Baby boy's freaking out!
- Izzie: We can see that—
- Izzie and Cristina: Why is he freaking out?
- Meredith: George! Wait, we need to talk about this!
- George: Yeah, you want to talk now because you told everyone that we had sex!
- Izzie: You had sex?
- Cristina: You had sex with George?
- George: You didn’t tell them?
- Meredith: No
- George: DAMMIT!
- Bailey: I said, do you understand?
- Derek: Yes! I'm not mentally challenged.
- Bailey: I'm not so sure about that.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 2|
|#01||"Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"||#10||"Much too Much"||#19||"What Have I Done to Deserve This?"|
|#02||"Enough is Enough"||#11||"Owner of a Lonely Heart"||#20||"Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole"|
|#03||"Make Me Lose Control"||#12||"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"||#21||"Superstition"|
|#04||"Deny, Deny, Deny"||#13||"Begin the Begin"||#22||"The Name of the Game"|
|#05||"Bring the Pain"||#14||"Tell Me Sweet Little Lies"||#23||"Blues for Sister Someone"|
|#06||"Into You Like a Train"||#15||"Break on Through"||#24||"Damage Case"|
|#07||"Something to Talk About"||#16||"It's the End of the World"||#25||"17 Seconds"|
|#08||"Let It Be"||#17||"As We Know It"||#26||"Deterioration of the Fight or Flight Response"|
|#09||"Thanks for the Memories"||#18||"Yesterday"||#27||"Losing My Religion"|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >>|