|“||A patient's history is as important as their symptoms. It's what helps us decide if heart burn's a heart attack... if a head ache's a tumor. Sometimes patients will try to re-write their own histories. They'll claim they don't smoke, or forget to mention certain drugs... which in surgery can be the kiss of death. We can ignore it all we want, but our history eventually always comes back to haunt us. Some people believe that without history, our lives amount to nothing. At some point we all have to choose: do we fall back on what we know, or do we step forward to something new? It's hard not to be haunted by our past. Our history is what shapes us... what guides us. Our history resurfaces time after time after time. So we have to remember sometimes the most important history is the history we’re making today.||”|
Meredith deals with an overbearing step-mother. Cristina finds herself caught between Burke and Marlow. Derek fights for the job of Chief. Alex continues the search for Jane Doe's identity. And Izzie's past comes looking for her.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Isaiah Washington as Dr. Preston Burke
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Elizabeth Reaser as Jane Doe/Ava
- Roger Rees as Dr. Colin Marlow
- Dee Wallace as Joan Waring
- Brent Jennings as Charles Redford
- Suzanne Cryer as Caroline Klein
- Tim Hopper as Dustin Klein
- Marc Vann as Hematologist
- Steven W. Bailey as Joe
- Mare Winningham as Susan Grey
- Randy Thompson as Frank Waring
- Melissa Fitzgerald as Social Worker
- Kate Anthony as Nurse Kate
- Zibby Allen as Nurse Zibby
- Nichelle Hines as Young Woman
- Craig Tsuyumine as TV Reporter
- Liv Hutchings as Hannah
- Ventricular reconstruction
Burke and Cristina operated together. Their patient became unstable.
- Heterotopic heart transplant
Colin performed a heterotopic (or piggyback) transplant on Charles. It went well.
- Callie Torres (orthopedic surgery resident)
Callie said she had a patient that had a gooey abscess which exploded on her.
- IV Antibiotics
- Bed rest
They took pictures after her facial reconstruction to get an image out so they could hopefully find their Jane Doe's family. She was on bed rest until she delivered.
- George O'Malley (surgical intern)
George called for Javier in the clinic.
- Acute myeloid leukemia
- Bone marrow transplant
Hannah, 11, was diagnosed with AML a few months prior. She needed a bone marrow transplant and since Izzie is her biological mother, Hannah's parents sought her out as a possible donor. She agreed and the donation went through.
- Meredith Grey (surgical intern)
Meredith did a consult on a patient who had a perforation and needed surgery, but she was told she couldn't scrub in.
- Mark Sloan (plastic surgeon)
Mark asked a nurse for an update on one of his patients.
|"You Know I'm No Good"||Amy Winehouse||
|"Burning"||The Whitest Boy Alive||
|"Dancing With Myself"||Nouvelle Vague||
|"Clean Getaway"||Maria Taylor||
|"Fontana Fontaine"||Lullaby Baxter||
|"A Good Start"||Maria Taylor||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Time After Time, originally sung by Cyndi Lauper.
- This episode scored 21.12 million viewers.
- Bailey tells Derek that if he has to choose between the Chief job and his loved one, he should pick his loved one because the job is nothing when he's all alone. Ironically, when her husband later makes her choose between her career and their marriage, she chooses her career.
- Derek: You warned me she could become a problem.
- Bailey: Who, Meredith?
- Derek: You know when you love somebody, you think you can handle it all?
- Bailey: You’ve done all right, both of you.
- Derek: I came here to be chief, but Meredith complicates that.
- Bailey: Huh. Well if this turns into an “either or”, you pick the person you love. End of story. Look, all of this means nothing if you’re alone.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 3|
|#01||"Time Has Come Today"||#10||"Don't Stand So Close to Me"||#19||"My Favorite Mistake"|
|#02||"I Am a Tree"||#11||"Six Days, Part 1"||#20||"Time After Time"|
|#03||"Sometimes a Fantasy"||#12||"Six Days, Part 2"||#21||"Desire"|
|#04||"What I Am"||#13||"Great Expectations"||#22||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 1"|
|#05||"Oh, the Guilt"||#14||"Wishin' and Hopin'"||#23||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 2"|
|#06||"Let the Angels Commit"||#15||"Walk on Water"||#24||"Testing 1-2-3"|
|#07||"Where the Boys Are"||#16||"Drowning on Dry Land"||#25||"Didn't We Almost Have It All?"|
|#08||"Staring at the Sun"||#17||"Some Kind of Miracle"|
|#09||"From a Whisper to a Scream"||#18||"Scars and Souvenirs"|
|<< Season 2||Season 4 >>|