|“||A surgeon's education never ends. Every patient, every symptom, every operation...is a test. A chance for us to demonstrate how much we know. And how much more we have to learn.||”|
The interns take the biggest test of their careers, their first-year medical exams, as the residents attend to three injured mountain climbers. Meanwhile, Callie's suspicions of George and Izzie grow, and Cristina struggles to write her wedding vows.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Isaiah Washington as Dr. Preston Burke
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Elizabeth Reaser as Jane Doe/Rebecca Pope/Ava
- Jeff Perry as Thatcher Grey
- Steven W. Bailey as Joe
- Aasha Davis as Rina
- Kevin Rankin as Jack Vaughan
- Brian Tee as Andy Meltzer
- Jack Yang as Walter
- Derek Phillips as Dale Winick
- Mandy Siegfried as Molly Thompson
- Loretta Devine as Adele Webber
Ava finally remembered her life before the accident. She denied remembering anything, but Alex asked Derek to run tests. She later confessed that she had woken up a few days prior and remembered everything. She told Alex her name was Rebecca Pope.
- Bilateral hand amputation
Dale, 32, was brought into the hospital with injuries related to being stranded while hiking. He had frostbite on his fingers, which they treated with warm water, but unfortunately, both of his hands had to be amputated.
- Broken ribs
- Antero-lateral flail chest
- Surgical stabilization
Andy was another of the climbers brought into the hospital. He had several broken ribs which was compromising his breathing. He needed surgical stabilization, which Callie performed.
- Bone fragments in the spinal cord
- Internal fixation
Jack was another of the climbers. He couldn't feel his legs, so Derek suspected a spinal injury. Later, he was able to feel Derek touching his feet, but Derek said they'd need an MRI to know the full extent of his injuries. He had bone fragments in his spine, so Callie performed an internal fixation.
- Addison Forbes Montgomery (OB/GYN)
- Pre-natal care
Rina was Joe and Walter's potential birth mom. They brought her to Addison for a pre-natal exam. An ultrasound revealed that she was carrying twins, which she didn't know. She also had serious heartburn, for which Addison prescribed an antacid. Later, she came into the bar with severe pain in her chest and then collapsed, so she was taken to the ER.
- Addison Forbes Montgomery (fetal surgeon)
Adele, 52, came into the ER after being in a minor car accident. She also told Addison that she was pregnant and she was spotting, so Addison wanted to keep her overnight for observation. Later, she passed out in the bathroom with vaginal bleeding.
- Head trauma
- Miranda Bailey (surgical resident)
Lonnie, the fourth climber, was brought into the ER with an axe in his head.
|"The Rope is Long"||Let's Go Sailing||
|"Wake Up Alone"||Amy Winehouse||
|"Corner of Your Heart"||Ingrid Michaelson||
|"Stains of Saints"||The Weather Machines||
|"Million Faces"||Paolo Nutini||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Testing 1-2-3, originally sung by Barenaked Ladies.
- This episode scored 19.58 million viewers.
- Chyler Leigh's first appearance on the show as Meredith's sister, Lexie Grey.
- This is the only episode in which all of the Grey sisters (Meredith, Lexie, and Molly) appear.
Behinde the ScenesEdit
- Mark: The bachelor party was short handed. Which explains why I'm here.
- Addison: I'm the only woman here. Am I supposed to the be the entertainment? Because I'm not stripping.
- Derek: That's all right, we've all seen it before.
- Mark: True.
- Burke: I haven't.
- Izzie: Who's gonna hold us together when you're not here? You're the glue. You're George.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 3|
|#01||"Time Has Come Today"||#10||"Don't Stand So Close to Me"||#19||"My Favorite Mistake"|
|#02||"I Am a Tree"||#11||"Six Days, Part 1"||#20||"Time After Time"|
|#03||"Sometimes a Fantasy"||#12||"Six Days, Part 2"||#21||"Desire"|
|#04||"What I Am"||#13||"Great Expectations"||#22||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 1"|
|#05||"Oh, the Guilt"||#14||"Wishin' and Hopin'"||#23||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 2"|
|#06||"Let the Angels Commit"||#15||"Walk on Water"||#24||"Testing 1-2-3"|
|#07||"Where the Boys Are"||#16||"Drowning on Dry Land"||#25||"Didn't We Almost Have It All?"|
|#08||"Staring at the Sun"||#17||"Some Kind of Miracle"|
|#09||"From a Whisper to a Scream"||#18||"Scars and Souvenirs"|
|<< Season 2||Season 4 >>|