|Suicide is Painless|
|Season 6, episode 18|
|Teddy and Owen in Iraq in the past.|
March 25, 2010
- "Dying isn’t easy. The body was designed to stay alive; thick skull, strong heart, keen senses. When the body starts to fail, medicine takes over. Surgeons are arrogant enough to think there's no one they can’t save. Like I said dying isn’t easy. Living is better than dying... until it's not. But even if letting a person die is the right thing to do, it's not what surgeons are built for. We are arrogant and competitive. We don’t like to lose and death feels like a loss even when we know it’s not. We know it’s time. We know it’s right. We know we did everything we could. It is hard to shake that feeling that you could've done more."
- —Owen Hunt
When Teddy's patient seeks to end treatment and her life, she turns to Hunt for help. The situation triggers Hunt's memories of his life at war and his past relationship with Teddy. Meanwhile, Callie and Arizona have a difference in opinion on what their future holds, and Richard tries to adjust to his role as a surgeon.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens (credit only)
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Richard T. Jones as Captain Dan
- Sara Gilbert as Kim Allen
- Robert Baker as Dr. Charles Percy
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Derek Cecil as Sean Allen
- Lance Barber as Phil
- Zachary Knower as Nick Kelsey
- Adam Kulbersh as Tommy
- Phil Abrams as Dr. Nelson
- Moe Irvin as Nurse
- Nicole Cummins as Paramedic Nicole
- Aaron Perilo as Gekko
- Kinsey McLean as Billy Linneman
- Seth McLaughlin as Corporal Burnett
- Tristen MacDonald as Sgt. Rebecca Cohen
|"Holding Out For Love"||Ashtar Command||
|"Hold On"||Angus and Julia Stone||
|"Static Waves"||Andrew Belle||
|"Draw Your Swords"||Angus and Julia Stone||
|"Abandon Ship"||Sorry Kisses||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Suicide is Painless, originally sung by Johnny Mandel.
- This episode scored 11.57 million viewers.
- This episode focuses heavily on Owen and his time in Iraq.
- This episode marks the last one in which Katherine Heigl is credited, although she didn't appear in it.
- Richard: If I wasn't happily married - I'd hit her, I'd hit her hard.
- Alex: Sir, I think you wanted to say is - I'd hit that.
- Miranda: I don't think you wanted to say that - at all.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 6|
|#01||"Good Mourning"||#09||"New History"||#17||"Push"|
|#02||"Goodbye"||#10||"Holidaze"||#18||"Suicide is Painless"|
|#03||"I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me"||#11||"Blink"||#19||"Sympathy for the Parents"|
|#04||"Tainted Obligation"||#12||"I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"||#20||"Hook, Line and Sinner"|
|#05||"Invasion"||#13||"State of Love and Trust"||#21||"How Insensitive"|
|#06||"I Saw What I Saw"||#14||"Valentine's Day Massacre"||#22||"Shiny Happy People"|
|#07||"Give Peace a Chance”"||#15||"The Time Warp"||#23||"Sanctuary"|
|#08||"Invest in Love"||#16||"Perfect Little Accident"||#24||"Death and All His Friends"|
|<< Season 5||Season 7 >>|