|Shiny Happy People|
|Season 6, episode 22|
|Alex has come up with the right diagnosis for a girl who has been diagnosed wrongly with schizophrenia.|
May 13, 2010
- "It's a common belief that positive thinking leads to a happier healthier life. As children we are told to smile, be cheerful, and put on a happy face. As adults we are told to look on the bright side, to make lemonade, and see glasses as half full. Sometimes reality can get in the way of our ability to act the happy part though. Your health can fail, boyfriends can cheat, friends can disappoint. It's in these moments, when you just want to get real, to drop the act, and be your true scared unhappy self. Ask most people what they want out of life and the answer is simple - to be happy. Maybe it's this expectation though of wanting to be happy that just keeps us from ever getting there. Maybe the more we try to will ourselves to states of bliss, the more confused we get - to the point where we don't recognize ourselves. Instead we just keep smiling - trying like hell to be the happy people we wish we were. Until eventually it hits us, it's been there all along. Not in our dreams or our hopes but in the known, the comfortable, the familiar."
- —Meredith Grey
An elderly patient admitted into the E.R. for a heart condition sees a familiar face, a long lost love who happens to be in the E.R. as well for a fractured arm, and the staff find themselves caught up in their love story. Meanwhile, Karev treats a troubled teenage patient (guest star Demi Lovato) whose parents brought her in for schizophrenia, and Meredith can't help but tell Cristina about her suspicions of Owen -- which inevitably messes with Cristina's head.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Marion Ross as Betty Donahue
- Demi Lovato as Hayley May
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Nora Zehetner as Dr. Reed Adamson
- Alan Mandell as Henry Stamm
- Emily Bergl as Trisha
- Austin Highsmith as Amber Courier
- Amy Farrington as Mary May
- Jonathan Goldstein as Ken May
- Gloria Garayua as Intern Graciella
- Mark Saul as Intern Steve
- Regi Davis as Dr. Kevin
- Denice Sealy as Pretty Nurse
|"Do You Fancy Me? (Bluff)"||Kerry Leatham||
|"Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing"||Chandra Wilson and Jason George||
|"American Stitches"||Richard Walters||
|"Shiny and Warm"||Goldfrapp||
|"Open Your Eyes"||Andrew Belle||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Shiny Happy People, originally sung by R.E.M.
- This episode scored 11.05 million viewers.
- Mark: Lex, I'm still in love with you. I tried not to be, but it didn't work. And Sloane's gone. There's no baby. And I don't wanna sleep around. I want another chance. I'm in love with you.
- Lexie: Karev... he's... Mark, I have a boyfriend.
- Mark: I know. I'm saying you could have a husband.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 6|
|#01||"Good Mourning"||#09||"New History"||#17||"Push"|
|#02||"Goodbye"||#10||"Holidaze"||#18||"Suicide is Painless"|
|#03||"I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me"||#11||"Blink"||#19||"Sympathy for the Parents"|
|#04||"Tainted Obligation"||#12||"I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"||#20||"Hook, Line and Sinner"|
|#05||"Invasion"||#13||"State of Love and Trust"||#21||"How Insensitive"|
|#06||"I Saw What I Saw"||#14||"Valentine's Day Massacre"||#22||"Shiny Happy People"|
|#07||"Give Peace a Chance”"||#15||"The Time Warp"||#23||"Sanctuary"|
|#08||"Invest in Love"||#16||"Perfect Little Accident"||#24||"Death and All His Friends"|
|<< Season 5||Season 7 >>|