Seattle Presbyterian Hospital (also known as Seattle Pres) is a teaching hospital located in Seattle and thereby a rival teaching hospital to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital (formerly to both Seattle Grace and Mercy West before the merger and later name change).
HistoryEditIzzie mentioned that she got her IL-2 treatment in this hospital as she didn't want to return to Seattle Grace Mercy West yet. ("New History")
During the superstorm, Seattle Pres was damaged and overrun similar to Grey Sloan Memorial, but Owen stated they Seattle Pres was even worse off than they were. ("Seal Our Fate")
Miranda Bailey admitted herself to the hospital's ER when she was having a heart attack. She contacted Maggie when the SPH staff didn't believe her, though it turned out she was right. She was treated in the cath lab and later taken to the OR. ("(Don't Fear) the Reaper")
- Dr. Larry Maxwell (Chief of Surgery, cardiothroacic surgery)
- Dr. Brad McDougall (former Chief of Surgery, surgery)
- Dr. Emma Marling (Head of Maternal-Fetal Medicine)
- Dr. Julia Canner (ophthalmology)
- Dr. Terry Lennox (pediatric surgery)
- Dr. Brechman
- Dr. Stewart
- Dr. Rich Gregory (psychiatry)
- Dr. Anderson
- Dr. Cleo Kim (general surgery, second-year)
- Dr. Gregory Williams (general surgery, second-year)
- Dr. Liza Simmons (general surgery, second-year)
Known Former StaffEdit
There are medical personnel who have privileges at Seattle Presbyterian Hospital, despite not being on staff, which allows them access everything that medical staff at Seattle Presbyterian Hospital would be normally entitled to, such as use of ORs and surgical privileges, access to patient files, administration of medications and use the pharmacy and clinical labs, access to treatment equipment, including treatment in the ER bays.
Privileges are usually extended to attending-level physicians and surgeons.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The surgical staff wears red scrubs, as Erica wore them when she consulted at Seattle Grace Hospital, and as Teddy wore them when she performed surgery on Alex immediately following the hospital shooting at Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.
- Dr. Stewart is likely the head of cardio at Seattle Presbyterian, given the context used by Tori's family in respect to Erica Hahn.