|Season 5, episode 7|
|Lexie brings in corpses to practice on.|
November 6, 2008
- "If you're a normal person, one of the few things you can count on in life is death. But if you're a surgeon, even that comfort is taken away from you. Surgeons cheat death. We prolong it, we deny it. We stand and defiantly give death the finger. We're born, we live, we die... sometimes not necessarily in that order. We put things to rest, only to have them rise up again. So if death is not the end, what can we count on anymore? Because you sure can't count on anything in life. Life is the most fragile, unstable, unpredictable thing there is. In fact, theres only one thing about life we can be sure of. It ain't over, till it's over."
- —Meredith Grey
George attempts to save Stan the dummy. Mark tries to sleep with Cristina, Lexie realizes that she needs to take matters into her own hands if she wants to become an educated doctor and Izzie realizes a connection between a patient at the hospital and herself. Erica leaves Seattle Grace.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Brooke Smith as Dr. Erica Hahn
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
Special Guest StarEdit
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Tom Verica as Michael Norris
- Bonnie Bartlett as Rosemary Bullard
- George Coe as Ed Bullard
- Brandon Scott as Dr. Ryan Spalding
- Avery Clyde as Elyse
- Gloria Garayua as Intern Graciella
- Mark Saul as Intern Steve
- Fidel Gomez as Morgue Attendant
- Shi Ne Nielson as Paramedic
- Gordon James as Tech
|"I Want That"||Psapp||
|"Good Times"||Brazilian Girls||
|"Torch Song"||Shady Bard||
|"Gotta Figure This Out"||Erin McCarley||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Rise Up, originally sung by R. Kelly.
- This episode scored 15.63 million viewers.
- Although Mark's last name is spelled Sloan, it was spelt with an E on the O.R board.
- Final appearance of Brooke Smith as Erica Hahn.
- (Derek gets in the elevator, Mark is there)
- Derek: I need you to have sex with Cristina Yang.
- Mark: Good morning.
- Derek: Distract her. Engage her. Give her something to do after midnight besides call my girlfriend and wake me up.
- Mark: Yang? No. No, too serious, humorless, un-fun -- not my type.
- Derek: Yang should be your type. She's intense, intelligent, complicated. She's like a single malt scotch, and you're used to beer bongs.
- Mark: Callie Torres is no beer bong.
- Derek: Oh,you know, wait a minute. I get it. You don't think you have a shot. You're probably right.
- Mark: Oh,I have a shot.
- Derek: Then try it, as a favor.
- Mark: I'm not your stud horse. You can't just...tell me who to sleep
- Derek: You slept with my wife.
- Mark: Yeah, I'll give it a shot.
- Bailey: (talking to Tucker on the phone) No, no, Tuck. I did not say I won't do the marriage counseling. I'm saying I can't do it in the morning again. I'm 20 minutes late for work. Okay, I'll see you tonight.
- Derek: Marriage Counseling. How's that going?
- Bailey: You just heard us arguin about the marriage counseling. How do you think it's going?
- Callie: Look, I don't know what happened between Denny Duquette and Izzie Stevens that night, but unless you were in the middle of that situation, I don't see how you can make a judgment.
- Hahn: Easy. There's right, and there's wrong. And this, was wrong. And illegal. There is no gray area here. You can't kind of think this is OK. You can't kind of side with Izzie Stevens. And you can't be kind of a lesbian.
- Callie: Yes, I can.
- Cristina: The wife's here, of the beating victim. She ID'd her husband, so I-
- Owen: What's his name? I was wondering if you found out his name so that he would become a person to you. They're all people, you know. This is not a game or a competition, who gets surgeries and who doesn't. They're people and we get to save them. Now you're good. You're excellent and you can win all the contests. But if that's why you're doing this then you shouldn't be. Did you find out his name?
- Cristina: My dad died when I was nine. In a car accident, I was with him in the car. While we waited for the ambulance, I tried to keep his chest closed, so he wouldn't bleed so much. When he died, my hands felt his heart stop beating. That's why I do this. It's also why I win all the contests. The patient's name is Tom. (leaves)
- Owen: Single malt scotch.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 5|
|#01||"Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 1"||#09||"In the Midnight Hour"||#17||"I Will Follow You Into the Dark"|
|#02||"Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 2"||#10||"All By Myself"||#18||"Stand By Me"|
|#03||"Here Comes the Flood"||#11||"Wish You Were Here"||#19||"Elevator Love Letter"|
|#04||"Brave New World"||#12||"Sympathy for the Devil"||#20||"Sweet Surrender"|
|#05||"There's No 'I' in Team"||#13||"Stairway to Heaven"||#21||"No Good at Saying Sorry (One More Chance)"|
|#06||"Life During Wartime"||#14||"Beat Your Heart Out"||#22||"What a Difference a Day Makes"|
|#07||"Rise Up”"||#15||"Before and After"||#23||"Here's to Future Days"|
|#08||"These Ties That Bind"||#16||"An Honest Mistake"||#24||"Now or Never"|
|<< Season 4||Season 6 >>|