Reproductive endocrinology and infertility (or otherwise known as REI or fertility) is a surgical sub-specialty of obstetrics and gynecology that trains surgeons in reproductive medicine addressing hormonal functioning as it pertains to reproduction as well as the issue of infertility.
Those OB/GYNs who practice reproductive endocrinology and infertility are known as reproductive endocrinologists, reproductive endocrinologists and infertility specialists, or REI specialists.
While most REI specialists primarily focus on the treatment of infertility, reproductive endocrinologists are also trained to evaluate and treat hormonal dysfunctions in females and males outside of infertility.
Notable Reproductive Endocrinologists and Infertility SpecialistsEdit
- Dr. Naomi Bennett (Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialist at Seaside Health and Wellness)
- Dr. Jake Reilly (OB/GYN, Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialist, and General Surgeon at Seaside Health and Wellness)
- Addison Forbes Montgomery: Initially evaluated by Naomi, she was considered not an ideal candidate for fertility treatments due to low egg and FH counts (The Other Side of This Life, Part 1), but she decided to go forward with fertility treatments, administered by Jake (...To Change the Things I Can).
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Dr. Naomi Bennett is the best fertility doctor in the country.
- Dr. Jake Reilly is also the best fertility doctor in the country, second only to Naomi.
- Jake also practices OB/GYN outside of his fertility patients.