|“||Are you really so messed up you can't let one person be nice to you?||”|
— Reed Adamson
Reed Adamson was a Surgical Resident working at Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. She previously worked at Mercy West Medical Center until it merged with Seattle Grace Hospital. She was murdered by grieving widower, Gary Clark because she refused to help him locate Derek Shepherd, stating she had a dying patient she needed to attend to.
Reed transferred from Mercy West Medical Center to the newly formed Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. On her first day, she butted heads with Izzie after she took George's cubby, which they had been leaving empty. She also butted heads with Alex when they fought over who would be treating Michael Goldman. ("Invasion")
After a fire at a local hotel, several people were brought to the ER with burns. Reed examined Danny Becker and proclaimed that he was perfectly fine. She then moved on to work on Roy Mackinaw, a firefighter who was injured during the rescue efforts. All the doctors who worked in the ER that night were interviewed when Cathy Becker died under suspicious circumstances. She ultimately solved the mystery of her death, which resulted in April Kepner being fired. ("I Saw What I Saw")
When Derek was looking for naturals in microsurgery, Reed attempted it, but failed. She and Alex were then put in charge of rounding on the cancelled craniotomies. ("Give Peace a Chance")
Shooting at the HospitalEdit
She was the first person killed by Gary Clark during his shooting spree in Sanctuary. He was looking for Derek's office and she wouldn't help him, informing him that he was in a staff-only area, so he shot her in the forehead. Her body was discovered by April Kepner, who slipped in her blood as she passed. ("Sanctuary")
Reed was abrasive to those she didn't like or didn't know well, particularly the competing residents from Seattle Grace Hospital upon the merger.
Upon arriving at Seattle Grace, she had an interest in Alex Karev, stating there was something special about him during a conversation with Jackson Avery. She flirted with him for a while and comforted him during his divorce with Izzie Stevens, but he showed no real interest in her. ("Invest in Love")
She moved on and had a one night stand with Mark Sloan after a party at Derek Shepherd's home while Sloan was also seeing Teddy Altman, but Mark and Teddy weren't exclusive at the time. Teddy actually walked in on them shortly after they had had sex.
Charles Percy was shown to have a large crush on her. She, in return, was the only person to call him Charlie.
She and April Kepner were friends and roommates.
She worked as an intern and as a resident at Mercy West Medical Center until the merger with Seattle Grace Hospital. She then moved to Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital, where she was supposed to finish her residency. However, this was cut short when she was murdered by Gary Clark.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- She once stated that April Kepner was a better doctor than she was while defending her to Cristina Yang. ("I Saw What I Saw")
- She was the main love interest of Charles Percy, but she didn't show any intimate feeling towards him.
- She once jokingly offered Alex Karev sex in exchange for a surgery.
- When she and April were roommates, they created a chore wheel together.
- She was the only doctor to refer to Charles Percy as "Charlie". ("Invasion")
- When talking to Alex Karev, she often referred to Izzie Stevens as "Cancer wife".
- Reed used the same cubby as George O'Malley, much to the dismay of Izzie Stevens. ("Invasion")
- Reed sometimes did yoga to relax after long surgeries. ("Give Peace a Chance")
- Her last words were "Look, you're not even supposed to be back here. I'm not a tour guide, I'm a surgeon, okay?" ("Sanctuary")
|Grey's Anatomy, Season 6|