|Season 6, episode 17|
|Lexie works together with Arizona on a boy with a cyst.|
March 11, 2010
- "Surgeons aren’t complacent people. We don’t put our feet up. We don’t sit still. Whatever the game is, we like to win. And once we win, we get a new game. We push ourselves; residents, attending. It doesn’t matter how much we achieve. If you’re a climber there’s always another mountain. They take pictures of mountain climbers at the top of a mountain. They’re smiling, ecstatic, triumphant. They don’t take pictures along the way cause who wants to remember the rest of it. We push ourselves because we have to, not because we like it. The relentless climb, the pain and anguish of taking it to the next level. Nobody takes pictures of that. Nobody wants to remember. We just wanna remember the view from the top. The breathtaking moment at the edge of the world. That’s what keeps us climbing. And it’s worth the pain. That’s the crazy part. It’s worth anything."
- —Meredith Grey
A patient who needs an extremely difficult surgery comes to Seattle Grace, and it's Richard and Owen who vie for the opportunity to tackle it. But the decision lies in the hands of Derek, who deems that Owen should take on the surgery, leaving Richard bitter. Meanwhile, Bailey deals with her own personal struggles when she nervously prepares for another date with Ben.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens (credit only)
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Diane Venora as Audrey Taylor
- Dennis Boutsikaris as Don Taylor
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Geoffrey Blake as Jim
- Moon Zappa as Kelly
- Roshawn Franklin as Todd Holmes
- Elizabeth Ho as Molly
|"Serve Them Well"||Swimming in Speakers||
|"L-O-V-E"||SugaRush Beat Company||
|"Worrisome Heart"||Melody Gardot||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Push, originally sung by The Cure.
- This episode scored 10.94 million viewers.
- The computer Richard used while convincing Cristina to switch sides uses the Windows 7 operating system.
- Callie: Find a grown up who wants what you want, and date, like a grown up.
- Mark: I don't know what that means.
- Teddy (about the surgery that Mark performs): Dr. Sloan. Nice work.
- Mark: What, that? Just a hobby. Professionally, I'm more focused on my work as a male escort.
- Owen: I did not mean your age, I meant the approach. Let's not make this personal.
- Richard: You just did, Ginger.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 6|
|#01||"Good Mourning"||#09||"New History"||#17||"Push"|
|#02||"Goodbye"||#10||"Holidaze"||#18||"Suicide is Painless"|
|#03||"I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me"||#11||"Blink"||#19||"Sympathy for the Parents"|
|#04||"Tainted Obligation"||#12||"I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"||#20||"Hook, Line and Sinner"|
|#05||"Invasion"||#13||"State of Love and Trust"||#21||"How Insensitive"|
|#06||"I Saw What I Saw"||#14||"Valentine's Day Massacre"||#22||"Shiny Happy People"|
|#07||"Give Peace a Chance”"||#15||"The Time Warp"||#23||"Sanctuary"|
|#08||"Invest in Love"||#16||"Perfect Little Accident"||#24||"Death and All His Friends"|
|<< Season 5||Season 7 >>|