A husband's decision to pull the plug on his pregnant wife is overruled by a judge, forcing the hospital to keep her on life support until the fetuses she is carrying as a surrogate are able to survive. Meanwhile, Naomi feels betrayed after learning of Sam and Addison's feelings for one another, and she turns to Dr. Fife for support while William is away on business. And unable to cope with the tension, Addison takes the day off with Pete and Lucas.
Episode in detail.
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Tim Daly as Dr. Pete Wilder
- Audra McDonald as Dr. Naomi Bennett
- Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman
- KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King
- Chris Lowell as Dell Parker
- Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett
- Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner (credit only)
- Michael Patrick Thornton as Dr. Gabriel Fife
- Christina Chang as Vanessa Hoyt
- Derek Phillips as Eddie Lindy
- Ryan Michelle Bathe as Robin
- Judith Hoag as Angie McConnell
- Michael Reilly Burke as Simon McConnell
- Monica Keena as Kayla Lindy
- Freda Foh Shen as Judge
- Addison Forbes Montgomery (OB/GYN)
- Life support
Kayla, 32, was still on life support in the hospital and still pregnant with triplets. Her husband decided he wanted to withdraw care, but the parents of the babies got a lawyer and a judge ultimately ruled that Kayla would be kept on life support until the fetuses were viable. Eddie later violated the order to stay out of her room and disconnected her ventilator. It was because of that they discovered that Kayla was breathing on her own.
Lucas was sick and got his nanny sick, so Pete left to take care of him. Addison later took over.
Pete got sick from Lucas.
- Bed rest
- Vaginal delivery
Robin was on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. Since Addison was taking care of Lucas, she sent Dell to examine her. When Dell came back the next day, Robin was on the floor. She'd picked up her daughter and her water broke. Dell and Cooper called paramedics. While they waited, she started crowning, but the baby got stuck. Dell tried to adjust the position. He used Cooper's help to break the baby's clavicle in order to deliver.
Addison got the cold that Pete and Lucas had. Sam brought her soup.
- Cracked clavicle
- Cooper Freedman (pediatrician)
Cooper examined Robin's baby after he was born. He said there might be a small crack in his clavicle, but babies heal quickly.
|"Green Eyed Love"||Mayer Hawthorne||
|"Santa Monica Dream"||Angus & Julia Stone||
|"Dying Day"||Gin Wigmore||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode scored 8.71 million viewers.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Private Practice Season 3|
|#01||"A Death in the Family"||#09||"The Parent Trap"||#17||"Triangles"|
|#02||"The Way We Were"||#10||"Blowups"||#18||"Pulling the Plug"|
|#03||"Right Here, Right Now"||#11||"Another Second Chance"||#19||"Eyes Wide Open"|
|#04||"Pushing the Limits"||#12||"Best Laid Plans"||#20||"Second Choices"|
|#06||"Slip Slidin' Away"||#14||"Love Bites"||#22||"In the Name of Love"|
|#07||"The Hard Part"||#15||"'Til Death Do Us Part"||#23||"The End of a Beautiful Friendship"|
|#08||"Sins of the Father"||#16||"Fear of Flying"|
|<< Season 2||Season 4 >>|