|Season 8, episode 6|
|Mark and Arizona cooked for Callie.|
October 20, 2011
- "As babies, we were easy. One cry meant you were hungry, another you were tired. It's only as adults that we become difficult. We start to hide feelings, put up walls. It gets to the point where we never really know what anyone thinks or feels. Without meaning to, we become masters of disguise. It's not always easy to speak your mind, sometimes you need to be forced to do it. Sometimes, it's better to just keep things to yourself, play dumb, even when your whole body is aching to come clean. So you shut your mouth, keep your secret, and find other ways to keep yourself happy."
- —Meredith Grey
After being blackballed by most of the surgeons, Meredith uses Lexie to spark Derek's interest in her patient's rare brain tumor case and, in secret, gives guidance to April with Bailey's clinical trial; Callie's wish for Arizona and Mark to form a friendship comes to fruition and she realizes it's more irritating than helpful; Alex and Teddy research alternative surgeries for a very superficial patient; and Callie and Cristina struggle with a very difficult spinal surgery.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Lee Majors as Chuck Cain
- Marilu Henner as Mrs. Moser
- Dash Mihok as Clay
- Joelle Carter as Mary
- Sam McMurray as Mr. Moser
- Jake Abel as Tyler Moser
- Sharon Muthu as Fran
- Arlene Santana as OB Nurse
- Linda Eve Miller as OR Nurse
- Rachel Andersen as Floor Nurse
Medical Notes Edit
|"Blood Bank"||Bon Iver||
|"Got It, Lost It"||Big Scary||
|"For You"||Tin Sparrow||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Poker Face, originally sung by Lady Gaga.
- This episode scored 9.54 million viewers.
- Owen mentions being confused and stressed about the budget a few times during this episode, marking the first time the budget has been mentioned during his tenure as chief. Later, Seattle Grace doctors are involved in a plane crash that is reportedly the result of Owen switching to a cheaper airline company because of budgetary constraints.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Mark: Try a scone, you know you want.
- Meredith: Derek's a tumor junkie!
- Cristina: Wearing the vagina squad scrubs in public? We have standards, Meredith.
- Meredith: Are you two talking yet or just having sex?
- Cristina: Not just sex. Hot, dirty, stand on my head sex.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 8|
|#01||"Free Falling"||#09||"Dark Was the Night"||#17||"One Step Too Far"|
|#02||"She's Gone"||#10||"Suddenly"||#18||"The Lion Sleeps Tonight"|
|#03||"Take the Lead"||#11||"This Magic Moment"||#19||"Support System"|
|#04||"What is It About Men"||#12||"Hope for the Hopeless"||#20||"The Girl with No Name"|
|#05||"Love, Loss and Legacy"||#13||"If/Then"||#21||"Moment of Truth"|
|#06||"Poker Face"||#14||"All You Need is Love"||#22||"Let the Bad Times Roll"|
|#07||"Put Me In, Coach”"||#15||"Have You Seen Me Lately?"||#23||"Migration"|
|#08||"Heart-Shaped Box"||#16||"If Only You Were Lonely"||#24||"Flight"|
|<< Season 7||Season 9 >>|