|Physical Attraction... Chemical Reaction|
|Season 4, episode 7|
|Derek tells Sean about his wife's surgery.|
November 8, 2007
- "Before we were doctors, we were med students, which meant we spend a lot of time of studying chemistry. Organic chemistry, biochemistry, we learned it all. But when you're talking about human chemistry only one thing matters: either you've got it or you don't. Chemistry, either you've got it or you don't."
- —Meredith Grey
Hahn bans Cristina from her service, Bailey covers more and more of Torres' duties, and Izzie and George go to extreme lengths to recapture the magic of their first encounter.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Brooke Smith as Dr. Erica Hahn
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Jeff Perry as Thatcher Grey
- Rockmond Dunbar as Sean Brotherton
- Stephanie March as Jane
- Vicki Lewis as Harriet
- David Burke as Don
- Kurt Fuller as Jerry
- Enuka Okuma as Teresa Brotherton
- Braeden Lemasters as Brian
- Mark Saul as Intern Steve
- Amrapali Ambegaokar as Intern Dani
- Linda Eve Miller as E.R. Nurse
|"Pouring on the Gasoline"||Calahan||
|"San Jose"||Joe Purdy||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the songs Physical Attraction and Chemical Reaction, originally sung by Madonna and Snyderman respectively.
- This episode scored 19.50 million viewers.
- Bailey: I am so right about so many things, it will make your head spin.
- Mark: You want finesse? You should try plastics, it's all finesse.
- Cristina: Yeah, no room for error when you're dealing with someone's face
- Mark: It's more than just face lifts. I'm a board certified ENT, I take out tumors. (after a pause) It's also a lot of face lifts.
- George: Hey.
- Meredith: You look weird.
- George: I don't look weird.
- Meredith: What's wrong?
- George: I look fine.
- Meredith: I know you.
- George: It's horrible. The sex. With Izzie...(whispers) horrible. It's like she's trying to hard i-its...you ever seen a porno? Not that Izzie's a porno; she's an angel, but it's like she's trying to...channel a porn star and she's trying to act all dirty and sexy, which sounds great, right? But in reality I just wanna say, "Izzie, just because you can do that with your legs doesn't mean that you should."
- Meredith: (winces and sticks her finger in her ear) Eh... I wanna run.
- George: Run, run. Run now!
- Izzie: I love George.
- Meredith: Oh, God...
- Izzie: I do, I love him, and I'm so happy because he's kind and smart and um, sweet and sexy. He's perfect, perfect, except for the fact that he kisses like a chicken. You know a chicken pecking the ground for food, justs pecking and pecking and pecking, and when he's pecking at me like that I forget that I love him, I forget that he's kind and sweet and sexy and I just wanna scream, "Stop pecking me!" Did he peck you like a chicken, Mer?
- Meredith: (sees Cristina) Cristina needs me.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 4|
|#01||"A Change is Gonna Come"||#07||"Physical Attraction... Chemical Reaction"||#13||"Piece of My Heart"|
|#02||"Love/Addiction"||#08||"Forever Young"||#14||"The Becoming"|
|#03||"Let the Truth Sting"||#09||"Crash Into Me, Part 1"||#15||"Losing My Mind"|
|#04||"The Heart of the Matter"||#10||"Crash Into Me, Part 2"||#16||"Freedom, Part 1"|
|#05||"Haunt You Every Day"||#11||"Lay Your Hands on Me"||#17||"Freedom, Part 2"|
|#06||"Kung Fu Fighting"||#12||"Where the Wild Things Are"|
|<< Season 3||Season 5 >>|