Pediatrics is the branch of medical science that deals with the care of children, typically unto adolescence, but can vary. It can deal with congenital defects or genetically inherited defects, but is not always the case.
Pediatrics has many subspecialties, including many of the internal medicine specialities, such as neurology, cardiology and oncology, as well as a sub-speciality of its own, neonatology, the care of newborn infants.
Notable Pediatricians in Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Edit
- Dr. Cooper Freedman (Staff Pediatrician at the Oceanside Wellness Center)
- Addison Forbes Montgomery (fetal and neoneotal surgery specialist at Oceanside Wellness Center)
- Arizona Robbins (Head of Pediatrics at Seattle Grace Hospital)
- Vanessa Hoyt (Perinatology and Neonatology)
- Robert Stark (Former Head of Pediatrics at Seattle Grace Hospital)
- Alex Karev (Resident Pediatric Surgeon)