|“||Everyone figures doctors are the most responsible people they know. They hold lives in their hands. They're not flakes. They don't lose track of important details or make stunningly bad judgment calls. 'Cause that would be bad, right? We are responsible with our patients. The problem is we blow it all out at work. In our own lives, we can't think things through. We don't make the sound choice. We did that all day at the hospital. When it comes to ourselves, we've got nothing left. And is it worth it—being responsible? 'Cause if take your vitamins and pay your taxes and never cut the line, the universe still gives you people to love and then lets them slip through your fingers like water. And then what have you got? Vitamins... and nothing.||”|
Meredith must choose between her fertility treatments and her eyesight when she begins having trouble seeing, Mark makes it clear to Callie and Arizona that he takes his role as father-to-be very seriously, and April discovers there's more to Dr. Stark than first appears.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Loretta Devine as Adele Webber
- Rachael Taylor as Dr. Lucy Fields
- Peter MacNicol as Dr. Robert Stark
- Nancy Travis as Allison Baker
- Michael Beach as Mr. Baker
- Laura Breckenridge as Julia
- Patrick Mapel as Ricky
- Blurred vision
- Lucy Fields (OB/GYN)
- Dr. Metzger (ophthalmologist)
Meredith experienced blurred vision as a side effect of her fertility drugs. It later developed into a large black spot when she tried to operate. Lucy said that Dr. Metzger could come in to check on her after he got out of surgery and that she needed to stop the fertility drugs.
- Lucy Fields (OB/GYN)
- Pre-natal care
Callie had an ultrasound and scheduled an amniocentesis.
- Alzheimer's disease
- NGF Surgical trial
Allison was a patient in Derek's clinical trial. She got dry mouth from one of her medications. She received the active agent.
- Cystic fibrosis
- Oral medications
- Lung transplant
Ricky was in the hospital for a lung transplant to treat his cystic fibrosis. When Altman found out that he was dating another person with cystic fibrosis, she said she wouldn't do the transplant unless they ended the relationship, so they agreed to break it off.
- Cystic fibrosis
- Inhaled medication
Julia had cystic fibrosis like her boyfriend Ricky. When Altman found that out, she said she wouldn't give Ricky his new lungs unless they agreed to break up.
- Facial laceration
Adele, whose wrist was still casted, fell again and hit her head. She had a cut on her forehead, which Mark stitched up for her. Webber then had Bailey test her for reasons why she might have fallen. Webber then asked Derek to check up on Adele.
- Cystic hygroma
Kyle, 10, had a cystic hygroma that was starting to close the trachea. Arizona operated to remove the growth.
- S.M.A. Embolectomy
Bailey was set to perform an embolectomy, but Webber took over so that she could check on Webber's wife.
Arizona was set to perform a diverticulectomy, but Stark took it over so that she could operate on Kyle Baker.
|"Julian Darling"||Elizabeth & The Catapult||
|"Come With Me"||CEO||
|"I Walk the Line"||
(originally by Johnny Cash)
|"Forget It All Again"||Rich McCulley||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Not Responsible, originally sung by Deep Purple.
- This episode scored 9.13 million viewers.
- This episode starts the relationship between Lexie and Jackson.
- Callie: The fate of my vagina is in her hands.
- Lexie: It always feels like there is just one person in this world to love. And then you find somebody else, and it just seems crazy you ever worried in the first place.
- Mark: I've lost too many babies in my time. Addison terminated. Sloan disappeared. I'm not letting it happen again. I don't care what kind of baby it is.
- Arizona: We have a relationship, Mark. Part of that doesn't include you.
- Alex: Can you even see me?
- Meredith: Yeah, and you look like a real moron. I need a real eye doctor.
- Callie: Ok, you know what, I'm trying to eat, which is more important than it's ever been now because I'm an incubator.
- Mark: We're co-parenting us, all of us. This isn't a joke. It's not some cute arrangement where you humor me and use me for babysitting when you want to see a movie. This is my child. We're doing this together. You don't get a bigger vote. I'm a parent!
- Alex: I've got a friend who can't see, and, uh, she thinks that maybe her, uh, fertility meds
- Lucy: Your friend?
- Alex: You think I'm making it up?
- Lucy: You're looking for reasons to talk to me because the last time we spoke, you asked me out, and I said no. So now you're taking my temperature to see if I was actually busy or just not interested. You can't ask me out again, not after what you perceived to be a rejection, because even though your whole rap is about confidence, you're about as self-assured as a chihuahua. Your friend, uh, she doesn't need my help. If she did, she'd call me.
- Alex: So I should just ask you out again?
- Lucy: It's a lot simpler, don't you think?
- Alex: Are you free for dinner?
- Lucy: Nope. Busy.
- Arizona: Okay, can we just be honest about the fact that this is some kind of bi dream come true? I mean, you get the woman that you love and the guy best friend who's also a great lay, and then you get a baby. I mean, you get it all. And me? This is not my dream. My dream doesn't look like this.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 7|
|#01||"With You I'm Born Again"||#09||"Slow Night, So Long"||#17||"This is How We Do It"|
|#02||"Shock to the System"||#10||"Adrift and at Peace"||#18||"Song Beneath the Song"|
|#03||"Superfreak"||#11||"Disarm"||#19||"It's a Long Way Back"|
|#04||"Can't Fight Biology"||#12||"Start Me Up"||#20||"White Wedding"|
|#05||"Almost Grown"||#13||"Don't Deceive Me (Please Don't Go)"||#21||"I Will Survive"|
|#06||"These Arms of Mine"||#14||"P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)"||#22||"Unaccompanied Minor"|
|#07||"That's Me Trying"||#15||"Golden Hour"|
|#08||"Something's Gotta Give"||#16||"Not Responsible"|
|<< Season 6||Season 8 >>|