|“||When you were a kid, it was Halloween candy. You hid it from your parents and you ate it until you got sick. In college, it was the heavy combo of youth, tequila and well, you know. As a surgeon, you take as much of the good as you can get because it doesn't come around nearly as often as it should. 'Cause good things aren't always what they seem. Too much of anything, even love, is not always a good thing. How do you know when how much is too much? Too much too soon. Too much information. Too much fun. Too much love. Too much to ask... And when is it all just too much to bear?||”|
It's a high profile day for Seattle Grace, high profile names become staff and high profile cases arrive, specifically the arrival of Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery-Shepherd and the mother of quintuplets, in which three of the five are surgical cases. Meanwhile the rest of the interns face their own low profile dilemmas, as Meredith's one night stand shows up at the hospital more than pleased to see her, Cristina gets keyed and Alex makes a major mistake, both professionally and romantically.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd
- Isaiah Washington as Dr. Preston Burke
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Curtis Armstrong as Robert Martin
- Margaret Welsh as Dorie Russell
- Pat Healy as Tom Russell
- Sunkrish Bala as Steve Murphy
- Sarah Utterback as Olivia Harper
- Robin Pearson Rose as Patricia
- Subdural hemorrhage
- Rathke's cleft cyst
- Hypertonic saline solution
Robert, 45, collapsed and hit his head, causing a subdural hemorrhage. He also had uncontrolled eye movement and delirium. He had low sodium because he was drinking more to quench increased thirst caused by a Rathke's cleft cyst. They treated his condition with hypertonic saline and planned surgery. Robert locked himself in the bathroom and drank water despite orders not to drink anything, so he was given more saline, but an incorrect dosage was ordered, which dehydrated his brain and caused it to swell.
- Quintuplet pregnancy
- Trendelenburg position
Dorie was 32 weeks pregnant with quintuplets. When she started having contractions, she was given magnesium and put in trendelenburg position. When her placenta started tearing, she was taken immediately into surgery for the c-section to deliver the quints.
- Spinal tumor
- Needle aspiration
- Tumor resection
Steve came to the hospital with an uncontrollable erection. He denied use of erectile dysfunction drugs and his labs were clean, so he was given an enema to induce vasoconstriction. When that didn't work, they tried needle aspiration. He went flaccid, but soon, his penis was again erect. Bailey then called for a neuro consult. A CT showed a spinal tumor pressing on his cavernous nerve, causing the persistent erection. The tumor was removed successfully.
- Derek Shepherd (neurosurgeon)
Lucy was diagnosed in utero with hydrocephalus. They planned to operate to place a shunt immediately after her birth. She was born at 32 weeks' gestation.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
Emily was diagnosed in utero with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and surgery was planned for immediately after her birth. She was born at 32 weeks' gestation.
Julie was diagnosed in utero with an omphalocele and surgery was planned for after her birth. She was delivered at 32 weeks' gestation.
Kate was born at 32 weeks' gestation.
Charlotte was born at 32 weeks' gestation.
|"Night of the Dancing Flame"||Róisín Murphy||
|"Crying Shame"||Get Set Go|
|"You and Me"||Lifehouse|
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Much Too Much, originally sung by The Who.
- This episode scored 19.59 million viewers.
- Lotion by Greenskeepers, which is a song about The Silence of the Lambs, plays while George and Meredith make references to the same movie.
- Meredith: They always look so sad when I kick them out. Seriously, why do guys not understand that when you pick them up in a bar and take them home for sex, that there are no picket fences or kids in your future?
- (Cristina takes out Burke's key)
- Meredith: Burke keyed you?
- Cristina: I got freaking keyed before coffee.
- Meredith: What is wrong with them?
- Cristina: They're like these 1950s debutantes, one dance and there's a shotgun to your head.
- (Meredith's One-Night-Stand walks up)
- Steve: Meredith? You work here?
- Meredith: What are you doing here...um...Steve?
- Steve: I'm having a little problem.
- Cristina: Steve, Steve?
- Steve: Actually, I'm having a big problem.
- (Moves his jacket to reveal his erect penis. Cristina notices and starts staring at it. Meredith doesn't notice.)
- Meredith: What?
- Cristina: (Still staring) Steve, hi! Cristina.
- Steve: Ever since you...and I... (Meredith follows Cristina's gaze and does a double-take) Um... It won't go away.
- Meredith: Cristina!
- Cristina: What? It's right there, looking at me! There are so many things I could say right now — Champ!
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 2|
|#01||"Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"||#10||"Much too Much"||#19||"What Have I Done to Deserve This?"|
|#02||"Enough is Enough"||#11||"Owner of a Lonely Heart"||#20||"Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole"|
|#03||"Make Me Lose Control"||#12||"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"||#21||"Superstition"|
|#04||"Deny, Deny, Deny"||#13||"Begin the Begin"||#22||"The Name of the Game"|
|#05||"Bring the Pain"||#14||"Tell Me Sweet Little Lies"||#23||"Blues for Sister Someone"|
|#06||"Into You Like a Train"||#15||"Break on Through"||#24||"Damage Case"|
|#07||"Something to Talk About"||#16||"It's the End of the World"||#25||"17 Seconds"|
|#08||"Let It Be"||#17||"As We Know It"||#26||"Deterioration of the Fight or Flight Response"|
|#09||"Thanks for the Memories"||#18||"Yesterday"||#27||"Losing My Religion"|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >>|