Liz grew up with her siblings and mother; she lost her father as a child.
Donating her NerveEdit
Meredith ordered Heather Brooks to call Derek's sisters to ask them if they wanted to donate a nerve to fix Derek's hand. Liz was the one who agreed and she came over to Seattle. When she arrived, she told Meredith she wanted her to always be part of the family, and not only when she needed something. When it was realized that Callie and Jackson would have to take more nerve from Liz's calves for Derek's hand to regain function, Derek initially told Liz that the operation was off. However after Meredith and Liz's discussion which led to Liz pushing Derek towards the surgery, the operation went ahead.
After the operation, Meredith, wanting to show Liz her appreciation, visited Liz and showed her her ultrasound, revealing that she's pregnant. Liz was really happy that there would be a new baby in the family. ("Run, Baby, Run")
Liz has several children, whom she mentioned when criticizing Meredith for not visiting or letting her family come to see Zola. Liz's children make up a portion of Derek's 5 nephews and 9 nieces.
Liz feels like her mother doesn't love her.
Liz is a doctor.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- She mentioned in Run, Baby, Run that her kids were excited about Derek and Meredith adopting Zola.
- Despite that they don't communicate with one another that much, Derek told Liz about the plane crash and Lexie's death.
- It has yet to be revealed the specialty that Liz practices. It seems unlikely though that she is another neurosurgeon, as the nerve donation procedure had to be explained thoroughly and Liz was not aware of its consequences to her body.
- It's also very unlikely that Liz is a mental health professional as Derek's conversation with Nancy indicated that Kathleen was the psychiatrist in the family, giving the impression that Liz practices another specialty.
- She went to French preschool.