|Let the Truth Sting|
|Season 4, episode 3|
|Really old guy has woken up and wants to die.|
October 11, 2007
- "Doctors give patients a number of things. We give them medicine, we give them advice, and most of the time, we give them our undivided attention. But, by far, the hardest thing you can give a patient is the truth. The truth is hard. The truth is awkward, and very often, the truth hurts. I mean, people say they want the truth, but do they really? The truth is painful. Deep down nobody wants to hear it, especially when it hits close to home. Sometimes we tell the truth because the truth is all we have to give. Sometimes we tell the truth because we need to say it out loud to really hear it for ourselves. And sometimes we tell the truth because we just can't help ourselves. And sometimes, we tell them, because we owe them at least that much."
- —Meredith Grey
Callie hides in her office, frustrating Bailey who's itching to teach someone. Elsewhere, age becomes the theme as Izzie tries to convince 'Really Old Guy' he shouldn't die, Webber and Sloan set out to prove they're not too old to learn a new technique, and Karev is saddled with an intern who's past his prime.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Edward Herrmann as Dr. Norman Shales
- Caroline Aaron as Connie
- Eve Gordon as Mary Chapman
- Amy Hill as Joanne
- Debra Christofferson as Elaine
- Jack Axelrod as Charlie Yost
- Martin Spanjers as Hunter
- Moe Irvin as Nurse Tyler
- Ray Ford as Ray the Paramedic
- Linda Eve Miller as E.R. Nurse
- Candice Afia as Intern Laura
- Amrapali Ambegaokar as Intern Dani
- Tymberlee Chanel as Intern Claire
- Gloria Garayua as Intern Graziella
- Richard Keith as Intern Mitch
- Molly Kidder as Intern Megan
- Joy Osmanski as Intern Lucy
- Mark Saul as Intern Steve
- Joseph Williamson as Intern Pierce
- Winston Story as Intern Leo
- Alison Crowley as Clinic Nurse
- Peter Smith as Code Nurse
|"My Moon My Man"||Leslie Feist||
|"The Ocean"||The Bravery||
|"Best Friends"||The Perishers||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Let the Truth Sting, originally sung by David Gray.
- This episode scored 19.04 million viewers.
- Cristina: I´m stuck in the pit with these know-nothing interns. You'd think eventually I could catch a break.
- Meredith: Cristina, are we ever gonna talk about this? The Burke thing?
- Cristina: I´m not Izzie. I´m not gonna lay at the bathroom floor all day. I´m gonna lay here...on the counter.
- Meredith: I'll trade you the hemiglossectomy.
- Cristina: What?
- Meredith: You take the hemiglossectomy and I will take the ER and your interns.
- Cristina: Are you sure?
- Meredith: Take the surgery. Makes you feel better and you start to freak me out. [Meredith leaves]
- Alex: I saw the whole thing, Yang. You can stop pretending.
- Cristina: Oh I´m not pretending. I´m sad. I´m very sad. [makes a childish voice] Me so sad.
- Alex: Maybe I should try it.
- Cristina: Hey forget it. Sad is mine. Go find your own pretend emotion.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 4|
|#01||"A Change is Gonna Come"||#07||"Physical Attraction... Chemical Reaction"||#13||"Piece of My Heart"|
|#02||"Love/Addiction"||#08||"Forever Young"||#14||"The Becoming"|
|#03||"Let the Truth Sting"||#09||"Crash Into Me, Part 1"||#15||"Losing My Mind"|
|#04||"The Heart of the Matter"||#10||"Crash Into Me, Part 2"||#16||"Freedom, Part 1"|
|#05||"Haunt You Every Day"||#11||"Lay Your Hands on Me"||#17||"Freedom, Part 2"|
|#06||"Kung Fu Fighting"||#12||"Where the Wild Things Are"|
|<< Season 3||Season 5 >>|