Charlotte worries she may be pregnant, Violet and Sheldon Wallace go out on a date, Addison clashes with a doctor at St. Ambrose who calls her "Monty" and Kevin refuses to take Addison's medical advice, Naomi tries to learn to just supervise, Dell comes up with a money maker plan for the practice but starts to regret it and feeling threatened by Charlotte's practice, Pete and Sam become impulsive.
Episode in detail.
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Tim Daly as Dr. Pete Wilder
- Audra McDonald as Dr. Naomi Bennett
- Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman
- KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King
- Chris Lowell as Dell Parker
- Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett
- Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner
- Brian Benben as Dr. Sheldon Wallace
- Sarah Drew as Judy
- Jeffrey Pierce as Ray Daniels
- Ione Skye as Monica Daniels
- Meredith Monroe as Leah Hudley
- Jay Harrington as Wyatt Lockhart
- David Sutcliffe as Kevin Nelson
- Kathy Christopherson as Carrie
- Jeffrey Doornbos as Matt
- Antonio Elias as Collin
- Kate Lacey as Admitting Nurse
- Stage II ovarian cancer
- Colon perforation
- Clinical trial
Leah was diagnosed with stage II ovarian cancer when she came in to have a cyst removed. She was eager to jump into treatment, but when Addison said she needed surgery to remove her ovaries and uterus, she objected because she wanted children. She told Addison she was going to get a second opinion, which she did from Wyatt Lockhart, who offered her a clinical trial which didn't involve surgery. When one of the drugs caused a perforation of her colon, Addison operated. While she was operating, Lockhart encouraged her to check for the tumor. She couldn't feel it and said they could send a sample to pathology. The samples showed that the tumor was shrinking, but Leah decided she didn't want to die and asked Addison to do the surgery. Addison said she'd do it and then they'd find a way for her to have her family.
- Knee injury
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Ray, an cyclist, had a knee injury and wanted to get treatment for it so he could continue to race. His wife informed the doctors that he'd retired not because of the knee, but because of his heart. He had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Sam and Pete cautioned him not to continue training as it could kill him, but he was desperate to keep racing to support his family. He raced against their advice and Sam and Pete monitored his heart rate on the race website. He was stable until after he crossed the finish line. By the time Sam and Pete got to the hospital, Ray was dead and in the morgue.
- Doctors/Medical Personnel:
- Prenatal care
Judy was at the practice for an ultrasound because she was pregnant. She told Dell she'd been thinking about adoption and she was matched with the Sinclairs, who wanted a baby.
- Violet Turner (psychiatrist)
- Psychiatric evaluation
Carrie and Matt Sinclair had been evaluated by Violet to adopt a child. They were approved and matched with Judy, who was pregnant.
- Food poisoning
Charlotte continuously vomited, leading her to suspect she might be pregnant. She took a pregnancy test and it was negative. She later found out it was food poisoning from the lobster in the breakfast buffet they'd had for the patients.
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pete Wilder (alternative medicine practitioner)
Sheldon experienced erectile dysfunction during an encounter with Violet and she went to Pete for a solution, which he gave her, saying it was a secret recipe. Sheldon declined the medicine and didn't want to go out with Violet again.
|"Here Goes Something"||Nada Surf||
|"All for Love"||Serena Ryder||
|"I Might Be Crying"||Tanita Tikaram||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode scored 6.86 million viewers.
- This episode introduces Addison with a new, shorter haircut.
- Sarah Drew appears in this episode as Judy. Later, she became a regular on Grey's Anatomy, playing the role of April Kepner.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Private Practice Season 2|
|#01||"A Family Thing"||#09||"Know When to Fold"||#17||"Wait and See"|
|#02||"Equal and Opposite"||#10||"Worlds Apart"||#18||"Finishing"|
|#03||"Nothing to Talk About"||#11||"Contamination"||#19||"What Women Want"|
|#04||"Past Tense"||#12||"Homeward Bound"||#20||"Do the Right Thing"|
|#05||"Let It Go"||#13||"Nothing to Fear"||#21||"What You Do for Love"|
|#06||"Serving Two Masters"||#14||"Second Chances"||#22||"Yours, Mine & Ours"|
|#08||"Crime and Punishment"||#16||"Ex-Life"|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >>|