Hinton was born and raised in Oak Cliff, Dallas, Texas. She is the daughter of Avaleon Hinton and Cynthia Hinton, a retired government worker. In Spring 2002 she graduated with honors from Southern Methodist University's Meadows School of the Arts with a BFA in Liberal Arts, where she studied theatre, directing, and playwriting.
- Light in Dark Places (short) (????)
- Odious (2017)
- Toast (2016)
- Just Anoher Dance with My Father (short) (2015)
- Teacher of the Year (2014)
- The Strangely Normal (short) (2012)
- A Christmas Kiss (2011)
- The Roommate (2011)
- Broken Angel (2008)
- Eight Days a Week (2007)
- Rain (2006)
- Foreign Soil (2005)
- Here, Now (2017-2018)
- Flip the Script (mini-series) (2017)
- Grey's Anatomy (2012-2017)
- Send Me: An Original Web Series (2016)
- The Book Club (2012)
- Scandal (2012)
- Consequences (2011)
- Bones (2011)
- Mad Love (2011)
- Terriers (2010)
- Better with You (2010)
- Lie to Me (2010)
- Gossip Girl (2009)
- Ghost Whisperer (2008)
- Zoey 101 (2007)
- Everybody Hates Chris (2006)
- Gilmore Girls (2006)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- She was an avid Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan and continues to rewatch it from time to time.
- Jerrika watches all of the TGIT shows.
- She is fascinated by surgery and posted a video of her own eye surgery on her Facebook.
- She records all of Edwards' major surgeries and cases in a notebook she carries around set.
- Out of all the past storylines, she would have loved to be part of the bomb patient or the plane crash storyline.
- Her cousin had sickle-cell disease and was the inspiration for Stephanie's childhood illness.
- Her stunt double was Alex Marshall-Brown.