|Jacob Miguel Reilly|
Jake Reilly is the reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Seaside Health and Wellness and the husband of Addison Forbes Montgomery. Like his wife, Jake also has a double-specialty, practicing general surgery.
Before coming Los Angeles, Jake was married to Lily Reilly, a drug addict, who had a 8 year old daughter, Angela. When he met her, he soon adopted her daughter, but Lily died of an overdose and Jake was left alone to take care of Angela.
At some point in his life, Jake met Lily Reilly. They married and he adopted her 8 year old daughter. However, Lily was a drug addict and she died of an overdose.
When Addison's therapist told her to make a change in her life, she met Jake and they flirted over pineapples at the grocery store. They started seeing each other at a coffee shop. However, they both agreed to keep their identities in secret. Jake was going on vacation to Fiji and he asked Addison to come with him. She eventually accepted, but when at the airport, she realized it wasn't right to try to avoid Sam and the problems the practice was suffering.
Later on, Addison started her fertility treatment only to find out her doctor was Jake. He admitted he never left for Fiji. Jake began working at the practice and their relationship grew over time. They later got married.
Dr. Reilly graduated from Duke University School of Medicine and completed residencies in surgery and OB/GYN at Johns Hopkins, as well as completing a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. He is also double-board certified in general surgery and obstetrics and gynecology. He started to work at Seaside Health and Wellness after Naomi Bennett left the practice.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- He and Addison met while flirting over pineapples. (...To Change the Things I Can) He hates pineapples.
- When Jake is formally introduced, his lab coat shows, "Jake Reilly, M.D., F.A.C.O.G." with "Reproductive Endocrinology" on the second line, embroidered in script font.
- He and Sam played intramural basketball in college. (Breaking the Rules)
- Jake is the best fertility doctor in the country, second only to Naomi.
- During his interview at Seaside Health and Wellness, Addison specifically mentions he is board certified in general surgery and OB/GYN; despite having completed a fellowship in REI, subsequent episodes and promotional material for Private Practice has not stated him being board certified in REI: this cannot be assumed as there is an insufficient evidence by the show to support a board certification in REI.
A more complete gallery with pictures of Jake Reilly can be found here.
These episodes are Jake-centric or otherwise very informative about his life.
|Private Practice, Season 4|
|Private Practice, Season 5|
God Laughs · Breaking the Rules · Deal With It · Remember Me · Step One · If I Hadn't Forgotten... · Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough · Who We Are · The Breaking Point · Are You My Mother? · The Standing Eight Count · Losing Battles · The Time Has Come · Too Much · You Break My Heart · Andromeda · The Letting Go · It Was Inevitable · And Then There Was One · True Colors · Drifting Back · Gone, Baby, Gone
|Private Practice, Season 6|
Aftershock · Mourning Sickness · Good Grief · You Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone · The Next Episode · Apron Strings · The World According to Jake · Life Support · I'm Fine · Georgia on My Mind · Good Fries Are Hard to Come By · Full Release · In Which We Say Goodbye