|Season 6, episode 5|
|Izzie starts a fight with Reed Adamson.|
October 15, 2009
- "When you get sick, it starts off with a single infection. One lone nasty intruder. Pretty soon the intruder duplicates. Becomes two. Then those two become four. And those four become eight. Then, before your body knows it, it’s under attack. It’s an invasion. The question for a doctor is, once the invaders have landed, once they’ve taken over your body, how the hell do you get rid of them? What do you do when the infection hits you, when it takes over? Do you do what you're supposed to and take your medicine? Or do you learn to live with the thing and hope someday it goes away? Or do you just give up entirely and let it kill you?"
- —Meredith Grey
The residents of Seattle Grace and Mercy West vie for surgeries and their careers as day one of the hospital merger begins. Meanwhile, Arizona stands by an enraged Callie when her father, Mr. Torres, employs a priest to help convince her to date men, and Izzie experiences the brunt of her new surgical competition.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan (credit only)
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Robert Baker as Dr. Charles Percy
- David Bowe as Don
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Alexie Gilmore as Sarah Freemont
- Jack Gwaltney as Frank Newsbaum
- J.P. Pitoc as Billy Sheehan
- Brandon Scott as Dr. Ryan Spalding
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Leslie Goldman
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Nora Zehetner as Dr. Reed Adamson
- Bruce French as Father Kevin
- Freda Foh Shen as Missy Grant
- Héctor Elizondo as Carlos Torres
- Chelsea Ricketts as Jeanie
- Mark Saul as Intern Steve
- Gloria Garayua as Intern Graciella
- Ray Ford as Paramedic Ray
- Frank Ertl as Michael
- John O'Brien as Lab Tech
|"Clap (See the Stars)"||The Myrmidons||
|"I Want You Now"||Traildriver||
|"Your Ghost"||Greg Laswell||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Invasion, originally sung by Eisley.
- This episode scored 13.79 million viewers.
- Richard mentioned in a staff meeting in the previous episode that the Mercy West staff would arrive in three days, so there's a three day gap in between this episode and the previous one.
- This episode seques into Private Practice episode Right Here, Right Now.
- Arizona: (to Callie's father) Most people think that I was named for the state, but it's not true, I was named for a battle ship. The U.S.S. Arizona. My grandfather was serving on the Arizona when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and he saved nineteen men before he drowned. Pretty much everything my father did his whole life was about honoring that sacrifice. I was raised to be a good man in a storm. Raised to love my country. Love my family. Protect the things I love. When my father, Colonel Daniel Robbins of the United States Marine Corps, heard that I was a lesbian he said he only had one question. I was prepared for "How fast can you get the hell out of my house?" But instead, it was "Are you still who I raised you to be?" My father believes in country the way that you believe in God. And my father is not a man who bends, but he bent for me because I am his daughter. I'm a good man in a storm. I love your daughter. And I protect the things I love. Not that I need too, she doesn't need it. She's strong, and caring, and honorable. And she's who you raised her to be.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 6|
|#01||"Good Mourning"||#09||"New History"||#17||"Push"|
|#02||"Goodbye"||#10||"Holidaze"||#18||"Suicide is Painless"|
|#03||"I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me"||#11||"Blink"||#19||"Sympathy for the Parents"|
|#04||"Tainted Obligation"||#12||"I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"||#20||"Hook, Line and Sinner"|
|#05||"Invasion"||#13||"State of Love and Trust"||#21||"How Insensitive"|
|#06||"I Saw What I Saw"||#14||"Valentine's Day Massacre"||#22||"Shiny Happy People"|
|#07||"Give Peace a Chance”"||#15||"The Time Warp"||#23||"Sanctuary"|
|#08||"Invest in Love"||#16||"Perfect Little Accident"||#24||"Death and All His Friends"|
|<< Season 5||Season 7 >>|