A medical intern is a term used for a physician in training who has completed medical school. An intern has a medical degree, but does not have a full license to practice medicine unsupervised and so are taught by their residents and attendings.
Surgical Interns and Their ResidentsEdit
Miranda Bailey's InternsEdit
- Meredith Grey
- Cristina Yang
- Izzie Stevens
- George O'Malley
- Alex Karev (Originaly Jeremy's intern, reassigned to Bailey in The First Cut Is the Deepest)
Meredith Grey's InternsEdit
- George O'Malley (repeated intern year, later became second year resident as of Brave New World/There's No 'I' in Team)
- Megan Nowland
- Young Male Intern
Cristina Yang's InternsEdit
- Lexie Grey (#3)
- Dani (#4; reassigned to O'Malley as of There's No 'I' in Team)
- Steve Mostow (#2)
- Ryan Spalding (#4.2; became her intern as of Life During Wartime)
- Unnamed male African-American intern (#1, presumably)
Izzie Stevens' InternsEdit
Alex Karev's InternsEdit
- Pierce (reassigned to O'Malley as of There's No 'I' in Team)
- Sadie Harris (became his intern as of All By Myself, quit in Before and After)
- Norman Shales (became his intern as of Let The Truth Sting, quit in Haunt You Every Day)
- Unnamed male Asian intern
George O'Malley's InternsEdit
Richard Webber's InternsEdit
- George O'Malley: To win his wife back, Richard Webber tried to show he was delegating and tricked George into becoming the unnoficial "Chief's intern". After George realized the truth, he quit but Richard apologized and George continued to be the unnofficial chief's intern until he passed his examination.
Season 9 InternsEdit
- Jo Wilson: She is called Princess by Alex.
- Shane Ross
- Leah Murphy
- Stephanie Edwards: She is the intern who is sleeping with Avery.
- Heather Brooks
- According to Bailey, ER interns don't know the ass from the oseophagus.
- Bailey has described her former interns as such: Alex was lazy, Izzie was whiny, Meredith was downright depressing and Cristina was annoying.
- Throughout the course of the series, all of Bailey's interns have been on the operating table at least once.
- According to Callie, Psych interns aren't the sharpest.