|“||When I was 5, my mom lost me in a park. I don't remember much, except that one minute I was riding the carousel, and the next, she was gone. I don't remember how I found her. I don't remember how I got home. All I remember is what happened next. She told me not to worry. She told me everything would be fine. She told me it was time to play the quiet game, so I knew I wasn't supposed to ask any questions. Or else, I might have told her I forgot my doll. I loved that doll so much. It killed me to leave it behind. Funny, isn't it, the way memory works? The things you can't quite remember, and the things you can never forget. There can be beauty in getting lost. Sometimes we have to get lost to find each other. And sometimes we find each other, only to get lost all over again. You can't always control it, the thing that's going to set you adrift. And as you stand there on the front porch, staring at the life you're about to leave behind, you have to accept it's gone, it's lost, just like you. All you can do now is stand very still, breathe in the moment, and try to be open to wherever the wind's going to take you next.||”|
With Cristina gone, a new doctor, Maggie Pierce, making the rounds, and Derek wanting to move to Washington DC, Meredith struggles to regain a sense of normalcy both at home and in the hospital. Meanwhile, Callie and Arizona come to a decision about surrogacy, Amelia overhears a big secret, Bailey realizes she will have to fight Alex for Cristina’s board seat, and a freak accident causes two teenagers to be caught in a very compromising position.
Meredith recalls a time when she was five and her mother lost her at a park. She was riding a carousel and the next, her mother was gone. She doesn't remember how she found her mom or how she got home. The only thing she remembered was what happened next. Little Meredith peeks out a window as an ambulance takes Ellis away. Meredith says that her mother told her not to worry, that everything would be fine. At the hospital, Meredith clutches Anatomy Jane as a doctor tells her that she probably saved her mother's life. In the background, Ellis is asked if she wants to hold the baby and she says no. Meredith's mother said they were playing the quiet game, which meant no questions.
As they leave the house in the middle of the night, Meredith remembers that she forgot her doll. She looks back into the house and suddenly, it's today's Meredith looking through the glass.
Meredith wakes Jo and Alex by saying he should change his locks. She tells Jo to get out of the bed so she can get in it. Jo objects that she's naked, but Meredith says she doesn't care. Jo pulls on a robe and says she'll go make coffee since she's up. Alex says that she can't just show up in the middle of the night and get into his bed. It's not going to be their thing. She tells Alex what she told Derek and he says the miracle is over. Meredith says they're not over and they're not a miracle. She goes to tell the whole story.
At an AA meeting, Richard is telling the story of meeting Maggie. As he's talking, he sees Amelia attending the same meeting and is shocked.
In the ER, April sees Owen there and notes that he's early. He says that a patient came in last night and he just stayed, so he was at the hospital all night. Nurse Cynthia comes up and says the medivac is coming in with a patient. Owen says to page Yang, but then corrects to Pierce. He also says to page Meredith.
After Owen leaves, April tells Jackson that Owen is dying inside, but he's pushing it down because he's a soldier. She asks Jackson to be Owen's buddy.
On the roof, Maggie, Owen, and Meredith watch as the helicopter struggles to land in the strong wind. Maggie tries to introduce herself, but the noise from the helicopter makes it hard for them to hear each other. Maggie wonders if they're even safe and then says they aren't. When the helicopter finally lands, they rush toward it and lock the gurney in place. The patient was found out in the desert and was initially believed to be dead. They struggled to unload him and determine that they can't until the wind dies down. While they are working on the patient, the gurney unlocks and rolls off the roof.
Callie and Arizona are getting coffee when Callie questions what happens if the surrogate runs off with their baby or does drugs or doesn't eat right or forgets her prenatals. Arizona asks what changed since last night when she was all for a surrogate. Callie says that she was brushing her teeth and saw her scar. Even she couldn't protect their unborn child, so how can they expect a stranger to? Arizona says that Sofia is fine and it was a freak accident, so they shouldn't expect it to happen again. Just then, Owen comes by and tells them about the gurney and has them follow him out to the parking lot.
Jo and Stephanie race each other for a case. Jo sees the hiker from the roof and calls dibs. Maggie tells them that Owen needs help in the parking lot and Jo calls dibs again. Stephanie says she can't do that, but Jo can't figure out which one is cooler. Meredith calls for one of them to come and Stephanie jumps at it, leaving Jo to go out to the parking lot.
Arizona, Callie, and Owen race out and see a car with the gurney sticking out of it's roof. They hear two teens call out for help.
In the ER, Maggie and Meredith work on the hiker while Maggie tries to get to know Meredith a little. She asks about Meredith's mom. The hiker then wakes up and struggles. He wants them to go find his family as they're still out there. Meredith disagrees with Maggie's prescription for the patient and overrules her.
Back in the parking lot, Arizona, Callie, and Owen try to open the car doors, but they're jammed shut. Callie figures out that one of the kids in the car is Dave Oldroyd a patient of hers and Arizona's who has stage 2 osteosarcoma and was due for chemotherapy that day. Arizona asks what Dave's doing in the car and if he's all right. He says his head hurts when he moves it and all three doctors immediately tell him not to move it. Callie leans in through the back window to get a closer look and sees that they're pantsless and straddling each other. She asks why they aren't wearing pants and Arizona says she can guess. As Jo walks up, Owen says they need to clear their C-spines and asks who's climbing in. Callie and Arizona both refuse, which leaves Jo.
Back in the ER, Meredith is using a portable ultrasound. Stephanie comes in and says she alerted the authorities and offers to page plastics for his foot, which is mangled and black, but she finds fluid buildup around his kidney, so they need to take him up to CT right away. As Maggie says there's a tech available for an echo, Meredith tells Stephanie to order new labs. Maggie asks when she can get the echo, but Meredith says it'll have to wait.
Bailey and Alex are sitting in the conference room. Jackson comes in and says that if they're waiting for the board meeting, it's been postponed. Bailey asks until when, because Richard recommended her to fill Yang's spot on the board. Alex is surprised and presents the certified letter giving him the seat on the board.
As they leave the room, Bailey asks if they can just hand off board seats like that. Jackson says he'll talk to legal. They reach Richard and Bailey asks him to tell Alex and Jackson that he's recommending her for the board seat. Richard sees Amelia pass and watches her leave. He's confused about the board seat situation, but excuses himself to talk to Amelia. He followers her into an elevator and says he wants to make sure she won't talk to anyone about it. She says it's anonymous for a reason, but she's there if he wants to talk. He says he doesn't.
In the ER, Sharon Peterson approaches April, who is tending to a patient. She says her last name and says that her husband was trying to get their son's frisbee off the roof when he fell and hurt his head. April directs them to check in at the desk. Amelia comes up and says she was paged. April sends the Petersons away and takes Amelia to look at Mr. Peterson, who isn't looking good. Derek is already treating him, but says he needs Amelia's help because there's a lot of blood. Derek says there's nothing good they can tell the family yet.
Back in the parking lot, Callie is calling Dave's mom. Jo has stabilized Dave's neck ad the firefighters work to remove the door to get them out. Dave notice that Monica has a cut on her forehead, but she says she's fine. When he pulls back his hand, there's blood on it, so they rush to get her out as quickly as possible. Once she's out, Arizona throws a blanket on Dave's lap and they pull him out. Just as he comments that the bright side is that his day can't get worse, the wind blows the blanket off his lap. He cries out as Arizona and Callie pull the blanket back on top of him.
As April and Jackson bring a patient into the ER, April tells Jackson it's his chance. Jackson goes to Owen and says some of the guys are going to go to Joe's and grab some brewskis and asks if Owen wants to join. When Owen asks whose coming, Jackson has to admit that so far, it's just the two of them. Owen says he's not sure when he'll be done working and says he'll let Jackson know. Owen walks away and April asks if that was so hard. Jackson says that it actually was.
While checking Monica's head wounds, Jo asks why a car. Monica says her family just relocated to Portland, so they haven't seen each other in weeks. Dave says it's hard to find privacy on a Peds floor. His mom comes up and says that's because kids are supposed to be healing there, not having sex. Dave asks if Callie told his mom, but she says two teens in a car, she figured it out herself. Dave's collarbone is broken and his shoulder is bruised. His mom kisses him and scolds him for his actions. Jo tells Monica that she might have to shave some of her hair in order to get to the wounds properly. Monica is all for it, saying to shave her whole head. She's been trying to shave her head in solidarity for months, but Dave doesn't understand why anyone would choose to be bald. Monica says Dave will love it and it's smooth and awesome.
Arizona says Dave's mom was harsh and judgy, but Callie agreed with the mom. They're surprised not to be agreeing. Dr. Herman comes up. She says that she just checked on a patient she did fetal surgery on and the parents couldn't stop singing Arizona's praises. She says that she did the hard stuff and Arizona just did a few little stitches once the baby was born and she gets all the credit. She reminds Arizona that she's still trying to fill her fellowship spot and says that Arizona should sent anyone her way if she finds someone. Then she suggests that Arizona could take it herself and learn how to do something that's actually hard. Arizona says that she already does hard things ... in peds. Dr. Herman asks about how the teens from the parking lot are. Arizona says they're fine while Callie says they're morons.
While they operate on Mr. Peterson, Amelia asks Derek when he's leaving for DC. She wants to use his closet space for storage. She heard their fight last night. She asks how it's going to work with him going and her staying there. Ben notes that he did something like that with Miranda, but it didn't go well, which is why he's not in LA anymore. Derek asks if he's a bad person for wanting it. Amelia says he isn't, but Meredith's not a bad person for wanting to stay. She questions how he's going to get laid when the person he gets laid with is across the country. He doesn't answer. They remove a flap of Mr. Peteron's skull.
Owen and Meredith have taken their hiker to get a CT. He struggles, saying he needs to go back out to find his family. His daughter, Lily, is only six and he found child-sized footprints. They were on their way to Nine Mile Falls. Their car died, so he went for help. He believes it's only been three days, but Meredith says it's been more like one or two months. He believes they're dead and starts to cry. Owen says they need to move him right away.
On their way to surgery, Meredith says that they have a name for his daughter and that he was 100 miles from where he left his family, so they were searching in the wrong place. Maggie says she went to take the patient to get an echo, but they were gone. Owen explains that they need to take him into surgery immediately. He continues to struggle to get up as they wheel him away. Maggie says she still needs the echo, but Meredith says she can't do it now.
While they operate on the hiker, Owen admits that he still pages cardio expecting Cristina to show up. Meredith says Maggie's nothing like Cristina. Richard comes in and tells Owen that he's taking a shared patient of theirs back into surgery. Then he says Owen has steady hands and asks if he has played Jenga. He says Owen should come over sometime and they'll have snacks. If he doesn't want to play Jenga, they could play checkers instead.
Monica is excited about her new haircut, but says her parents will freak. Dave says he's freaking, too. She tells Dave they're like alien lovers. Jo says one of the lacerations needs stitches, but before she can go get a suture kit, Monica stops responding. Callie sends Jo to page Derek.
In the OR, Derek is informed that he's being paged. Amelia says she can handle things and he can leave. When Derek goes to leave, Ben stays, saying he'd like to stay with the new head of neuro. Derek is upset, but leaves without Ben.
They remove the hiker's kidney and Meredith tells Stephanie how to treat it so they can autotransplant it. He starts to crash, so they page Maggie and order an echo.
Callie and Arizona watch Monica's surgery from the gallery. She has an epidural bleed. Callie can't believe they snuck out to the car. She says if she were Monica's mother and the brain bleed didn't kill her, she would. Then she notices how much she sounds like her father when she was a teenager. She loves her father, but she doesn't want Sofia to have her father as a mother. Arizona is confused, but says it's nice to see what their kids have in store for them ... or kid. She asks Callie if she's sure she doesn't want to use a surrogate. Callie says she can't watch Monica's surgery anymore and goes to check on Dave. They kiss and Callie leaves.
Maggie comes in and takes over, saying that he has a failed mitral valve. She orders the nurses to set up the OR for cardio and tells Stephanie to prep his leg. Meredith objects that Stephanie is watching the kidney, but Maggie overrules her and has Stephanie prep the leg. Meredith reminds Maggie that she has a surgery to finish once Maggie is done. Maggie tells Meredith off over not letting her get the echo sooner and Meredith tells Stephanie to make sure the kidney is ready to go when Maggie is done. Stephanie looks and finds that the kidney has been moved somewhere and she doesn't know where it is. Meredith sends her to look for it.
Stephanie apologizes, but Meredith says that Maggie came in and started ordering her around, which caused Stephanie to get distracted. Owen says they need to focus on the patient. Stephanie finds the kidney in the sink and Meredith asks her to see if they can salvage it.
Mr. Peterson's pupil is blown. April comes in for an update. Amelia says the brain injury is too far gone and she calls time of death. April clutches her belly and sits down.
Outside Dave's room, Callie tells Mrs. Oldroyd that Derek is operating on Monica. Monica's parents are on their way. Mrs. Oldroyd says that through every stage of life, you try to keep your kids safe, but you can't always do that. Dave comes out and believes that they're not telling him anything because Monica is dead. His mom tells him that Monica's not dead, but he still thinks she's going to die. He wonders how he's going to explain that he's the reason she's dead. His mother says no one has died and hugs him and says everything will be okay.
The hiker is out of surgery, but has been listless and unresponsive since he woke up. Derek says his pupils are reacting. He asks the hiker to follow the light, but the hiker just wants to sleep, because he sees his family when he sleeps. He asks Derek to give him something to help him sleep.
Richard finds Alex listening through a door and asks what he's doing. Alex says Richard doesn't want to go in the room. Richard takes Alex's place and hears Maggie and Meredith fighting over their patients. Maggie feels that Meredith was disrespectful and unprofessional. Meredith says she was just doing her job. Maggie spent all morning trying to get Meredith to like her, but now she's over it. Meredith seconds that she doesn't have to worry about Meredith liking her.
Maggie hits a vending machine that just took her last dollar and didn't give her her granola bar. Richard comes up and they talk about Meredith. Maggie was planning to win Meredith over and then tell her that Ellis Grey is her birth mom. She says that she thinks she hates Meredith because she's awful. Richard says Meredith's not awful. Maggie says she has great parents and she doesn't need Meredith. She hits the vending machine again. Richard pulls out his wallet and gives Maggie some money. She says she'll pay him back tomorrow, but he says it's not necessary.
Owen asks Derek if the hiker's going to make it. Derek says it's hard to predict. Derek asks if Owen saw the game last night. When Owen asks what game, Derek asks if there was a game on last night. Derek confesses that April is worried about him, so she's asking them to take him out. Owen says he's fine. Derek's the one who's not fine, because he's splitting up with his wife. Owen says he's going across the country and Derek says that Cristina is halfway around the world. Owen says that he and Cristina aren't together anymore. Derek says it's none of Owen's business and Owen tells Derek to stop asking him out on dates.
Dave is by Monica's side when she wakes up. She asks, "How's this for solidarity?" Dave cries and kisses her. Callie grabs Arizona's hand as they watch the two kids. Then they walk out of the room. Callie says that Dave's mom was right. They can't protect their kids from everything, so why not take a few risks. Arizona says she's glad to hear Callie say that and they want to talk to each other about that morning. Callie says Arizona was right about her overreacting and that they should get a surrogate and have another baby. Arizona says she was actually talking about Dr. Herman's fellowship. She wants to take it. Callie says that she'd essentially be going back to school. Arizona says it'll be harder with study sessions and longer hours. Callie adds a new baby. Arizona says she was just thinking about it. Derek comes up and asks if they're coming to the meeting. Arizona asks what it's about and he says it's about Cristina's board seat. They agree that it's a no-brainer, but Callie says it's Bailey and Arizona says it's Alex.
Jackson says that Alex has the letter, but according to the bylaws of the foundation, new board members have to be elected by majority vote. Jackson proposes that they let Alex and Bailey fight it out. Derek asks Meredith if they can talk later, but then Stephanie comes up and says they have information about the hiker's family.
Bailey is leaving the hospital with Ben. She meets up with Alex. Alex says that Cristina gave him the shares for a reason. He knows she doesn't think he deserves the spot, but he doesn't want to screw it up and he won't. Bailey says she's sure he'd make an excellent board member. She offers her hand and says, "May the best surgeon win." Alex leaves and Ben say that was nice of him. Bailey admits that she doesn't actually believe that Alex has a shot.
Derek asks Amelia how Mr. Peterson is. She tells him that she was on the way to tell the family. He offers to go with her. They find his son in the waiting room and ask where his mom is. His mom comes up and before Amelia even says anything, she knows her husband is dead and asks what happened. Luca asks his mom what's wrong. Derek says he'll stay with Luca while Amelia takes Mrs. Peterson aside to talk to her. Luca says he wants to go with his mom, but Derek distracts him by talking about the toy spaceship he has. Luca asks if his dad his dead. Derek says they'll talk about it when his mom gets back. Luca asks if that means he's gone away and won't come back. Derek says it does. Luca says he misses his dad already.
Chris, the hiker, is refusing IV fluids. Owen says he needs them to recover. Owen says there's a reason why he survived so long and this doesn't have to be the end. He says he's finally asleep because he sees his family. But they're actually there in the hospital. His dad calls out for him. Then his wife says that they were found the next day, but they never found him. They thought he was dead. His daughter says he loves him.
Meredith finds Alex in the lounge. He tells her to get her stuff, because they're drinking. Meredith says she needs to go talk to Derek, but Alex says that she needs to whine it out to him first and she definitely needs to drink. Meredith asks what he's afraid of and he says that she can't keep crawling into bed with him. Cristina left him her shares and the board seat and she also left him Meredith. It's just the two of them now, so if she needs someone to bitch to, he's there. She says he can be her person. She hugs him and says she doesn't know if her marriage can survive this.
Jackson comes in and gives Richard the ring back from his mother. He asks how Catherine is doing. Jackson says not great, but the fact that she's going to be a grandmother is helping. Richard congratulates Jackson on that. Jackson says he's freaked out. He didn't have much of a dad growing up, so he's working in the dark. Richard says he'll be fine and thanks him for returning the ring. Jackson says, for what it's worth, that it would have been nice having him in the family.
At Joe's, Jo says that she's been widowed by Meredith. Stephanie says Meredith needs someone to talk to because her best friend left yesterday. Jo is overreacting. Stephanie says she's screwed.
Meredith says that if they can map brains, they can figure this out. Alex asks if she's trying to convince him or herself. Meredith doesn't want to split up their family either, but she doesn't want to go and then resent him for it. She says she needs to go talk to Derek about it. Derek comes in and says he called the White House and resigned from the brain mapping initiative. Meredith wonders why he did that. He says he doesn't want to be away from her and their kids. Meredith tells him to call them back and tell them he was kidding. Alex says he has to pee and leaves. Meredith says she never asked him to do that. He says he made the choice. He picked her and their kids. She says she needs a drink and gets up.
Meredith sits down at the bar near Maggie. Maggie looks over at her and they simultaneously order tequila.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Wilson
- Jerrika Hinton as Dr. Stephanie Edwards
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Geena Davis as Dr. Nicole Herman
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Megan Gallagher as Mrs. Oldroyd
- Sally Pressman as Young Ellis Grey
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Christopher Redman as Chris
- Matthew Van Oss as David Oldroyd
- Libe Barer as Monica McKeever
- Kate Burton as Dr. Ellis Grey (credit only)
- Michelle Noh as Sharon Peterson
- Courtney Cunningham as Woman
- Cynthia Youngblood as ER Nurse
- Dyana Liu as Nurse
- Curtis Walker as Medivac Guy
- Aria Leabu as Young Meredith
- Ian Chen as Luca Peterson
- Emma Shannon as Lily
- Danny Jacobs as ND Doctor
- Suicide Attempt
- Sewing the wounds on the wrist
Ellis was shown in flashback after her suicide attempt and giving birth to Maggie Pierce.
- Open-book pelvic fracture
- Owen Hunt (trauma surgeon)
Owen treated a driver involved in an MVC who had an open-book pelvic fracture.
- Mangled foot
- Perinephric fluid buildup
- Emphysematous pyelonephritis
- Cardiogenic shock
- Failed mitral valve
- Kidney autotransplantation
- Balloon pump
Chris was looking for Nine Mile Falls with his family when they got lost. He went out to find help and got stranded in the desert. When he was found, he was believed to have been missing for one or two months based on malnutrition and dehydration. He was airlifted to the hospital. In the ER, Meredith discovered fluid build up in his abdomen, so he was taken into surgery, over Maggie's request that he have an echo to rule out underlying cardiac issues. He was taken to have a CT. He continued to insist that he needed to go back out to find his family. He was taken from there into surgery. His kidney was severely damaged, so they removed it to repair it before transplanting it back into his body. When he became unstable, Maggie was paged to the OR. She diagnosed a failed mitral valve due to endocarditis and said she needed to place a balloon pump. He woke up after surgery and wouldn't respond to them despite his pupils reacting. He believed that his wife and daughter had died and as such, he begins to refuse treatment, as he didn't have the will to live. However, his family came in and revealed that they had been found and he never was. He was happy to see them.
- Stage 2 Osteosarcoma
- Broken collarbone
- Bruised shoulder
David and his girlfriend, Monica, were having sex in a car when a gurney fell on them. They were out in the parking lot an hour before Dave was due to have chemotherapy to treat stage 2 osteosarcoma. He told the doctors after the gurney crashed that his head hurt when he moved it and they told him not to move it. His collarbone was broken and his shoulder seriously bruised. Callie gave him a sling and advised him to minimize the movement of his shoulder.
- Head lacerations
- Epidural bleed
Monica, 17, and her boyfriend, Dave, were having sex in a car when a gurney fell on them. She had multiple lacerations on her head from the sun roof glass. While extracting the glass, Jo said that she might have to shave some of Monica's head. Monica told Jo just to shave it all off, as her boyfriend was bald from chemotherapy and she had been wanting to shave her head in solidarity for months. Once the area was shaved, Jo said that one of the lacerations needed stitches, but before she could start, Monica became unresponsive. She was taken into surgery with an epidural bleed. The bleed was repaired and she woke up after surgery.
- April Kepner (trauma surgeon)
April was seen tending to a woman in the ER.
- Head injury
After his son threw a frisbee onto the roof, Mr. Peterson went to fetch it. He fell off the roof and was brought to the ER. He had a severe head injury and was taken into the OR. In surgery, his brain herniated and despite their best efforts, he died at 18:32.
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Fetal surgery
Dr. Herman came up to Arizona and said that she checked on the patient whose UTO she had repaired at 21 weeks. After the baby was born, Arizona "did a few little stitches" and got all the credit.
Richard came in to tell Owen that he was taking a shared patient back into surgery.
|"Le Boom Vent Suite"||Jill Scott||
|"Ghost of the Year"||Piney Gir & Correatown||
|"I Will Be There"||Odessa||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song I Must Have Lost It on the Wind, originally sung by Elton John.
- This episode scored 10.14 million viewers, making it the first one since Remember the Time, which aired almost two years prior, to score more than 10 million viewers.
- The table read for this episode took place on July 22, 2014.
- Filming for this episode started on August 5, 2014 and ended on August 16, 2014. This means this episode was filmed after the second episode of the season.
- This is the first Grey's Anatomy episode to feature Caterina Scorsone as a regular, and the first season premiere without Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang.
- It's also the first season premiere since her introduction not to feature Zola Grey Shepherd.
- The phrase "Previously on Grey's Anatomy" is narrated by Sandra Oh, making it the first time that an actor who has left the show says this phrase.
- Huge wind machines were used to shoot the scene on the rooftop. Kevin McKidd stated that scene was the hardest and most fun to direct of this episode.
- This is the first season premiere since season six that wasn't directed by Rob Corn. However, he did direct the second episode of the season, which was filmed before this episode, thus continuing the trend of Rob directing the first filmed episode of the season.
- The end of this episode features an In Memoriam for Dr. Ismael N. Nuño, the show's cardiothoracic consultant from USC who suddenly passed away.
- The scene with Maggie and Richard at the vending machine is one of the favorite scenes of the season of Kelly McCreary.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Meredith: You really should get your locks changed.
- (Alex and Jo wake up, shocked.)
- Alex: What are you doing here?
- Meredith: I need to talk to Alex. Wilson, get out of the bed. I can't get in the bed with you in there.
- Jo: You can't kick me out of bed!
- Meredith: It's my house.
- Alex: No, it's my house!
- Meredith: Then you kick her out.
- Jo: I'm not wearing any...
- Meredith: I don't care about your boobs, Wilson. Out.
- (Jo puts on a shirt and gets out bed as Meredith gets in the bed.)
- Jo: I guess I'll go make us some coffee since I'm up.
- Meredith: Coffee would be great!
- Alex: This is not our thing now, okay? You can't just start showing up at all hours and... I mean, this is not what we do.
- Meredith: I told Derek I am not moving to D.C. The children and I are staying here.
- Alex: All right, the miracle is over.
- Meredith: The miracle is not over. We're not a miracle. Shut up.
- Alex: You can't break into my house and wake me up to talk and then tell me to shut up!
- April: He's dying inside.
- Jackson: Ah, he seems fine.
- April: Well, sure. He's a soldier. He's stuffing everything down, but he needs a buddy. You could be his buddy.
- Jackson: Nope.
- April: Oh, come on! How would you feel if I were the one who left? You lying awake at night in your empty bed...
- Jackson: What kind of buddy are you asking me to be?
- Owen: Are they okay?
- Callie: Yeah. No. They're sitting in each others' laps with no pants. Why aren't you wearing any pants?!
- Arizona: Well, I'll give you one little guess.
- Richard: I just need to know you won't talk to anyone about what you heard.
- Amelia: It's anonymous for a reason, Richard.
- David: Good news is this day can't get any worse, can it?
- (The wind blows away the blanket covering his private parts.)
- David: Don't look! Don't look!
- Jo: What I don't understand is, why a car? You're in a building full of beds and supply closets.
- Monica: We haven't seen each other in weeks. My dad was just transferred to Portland last month.
- David: Yeah, plus, it's kind of hard to get privacy on a peds floor.
- Mrs. Oldroyd: Because it's a place for young children to heal, not to have sex.
- David: (to Callie) You told her?
- Mrs. Oldroyd: Two teenagers in a car? I did the math.
- Amelia: When do you leave for D.C., anyway? I was gonna ask Meredith if I could store some things in your side of the closet.
- Derek: Did Meredith tell you that?
- Amelia: You both did, loudly, until about 4:00 in the morning. How does it work exactly? You're not separated, but you're not living together.
- Ben: Meredith's staying behind?
- Derek: She is.
- Ben: And you're cool with that?
- Amelia: You're together but living apart... Live-a-partners! See that? I gave it a name. Now it's a thing.
- Ben: Yeah, I'm familiar with that thing. I did it with Miranda.
- Amelia: How did it work out for you guys?
- Ben: Well, seeing as I'm not living in L.A. anymore, I'd say it didn't.
- Owen: You know what's weird? I keep paging cardio and expecting Cristina to just walk through the door.
- Meredith: Pierce is no Yang. She's perky and chatty. I bet she likes cats.
- Derek: Warren, you coming?
- Ben: Well, actually, would you mind if I stayed here? No offense, but you've already got one foot out the door, and this Dr. Shepherd is the new head of neuro.
- Derek: So, you want to stay here and not come with me? Why not? Seems to be the trend these days.
- Callie: I cannot believe they snuck out to that car. If I were her mother and this brain bleed didn't kill her, I would totally kill her. Oh, God. Oh, God, I sound just like my father when I was a teenager. What is... what is wrong with me? I love him, but I don't want our daughter to have my father for a mother.
- Maggie: I have never experienced this... this level of disrespect and this lack of professionalism...
- Meredith: Respect is earned, and if you want to talk about being unprofessional, I spoke directly to you and you ignored me in my O.R.
- Maggie: You ignored my request for an echo this morning.
- Meredith: My patient was circling the drain, and I was doing my job.
- Maggie: And I was doing mine. I spent all morning deferring to you, trying not to step on your toes, for what? Because I wanted you to like me? Well, guess what. I'm kind of over that now.
- Meredith: Yeah, you definitely don't have to worry about me liking you.
- Alex: Hey, look, uh... Yang gave me her shares for a reason. I know you don't think I deserve the seat, but I don't want to screw it up, I'm not gonna screw it up.
- Miranda: I'm sure you'd make an excellent board member. Hey, may the best surgeon win.
- Ben: That was nice of you.
- Miranda: Yes, it was.
- Ben: You think he's got a shot?
- Miranda: Please. It's Alex Karev.
- Alex: Grab your stuff. We're drinking.
- Meredith: Oh, I... I can't. I have to go home and deal with...
- Alex: Fight with Shepherd? I think you need to whine about it some more to me first. You definitely need to drink.
- Meredith: What are you afraid of, that I'm gonna...
- Alex: I'm afraid you're gonna keep crawling in my bed in the middle of the night. Look, Yang left me her shares and her board seat and she left me you, too. It's just us now. I don't know... if you need somebody to bitch to or just be...
- Meredith: My person.
- Alex: I don't know what you mean.
- Meredith: But you do.
- (They hug.)
- Meredith: I just don't know if my marriage can survive this.
- Jackson: For what it's worth, sir, it would have been really nice having you in the family.
- Jo: I'm a widow. She widowed me. I'll never have Alex to myself again.
- Stephanie: Her best friend just left yesterday, okay? She needs someone to talk to. You are overreacting.
- Jo: She kicked me out of my own bed in the middle of the night, while I was naked, and he let her.
- Stephanie: Okay. So, you're screwed.
- Derek: I'm not moving to D.C.
- Meredith: Why would you do that?
- Derek: Well, I don't want to live anywhere else when my kids are growing up here. I don't want to be apart from them, or you. No job is worth that to me. I want to be with you and the kids here.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 11|
|#01||"I Must Have Lost It on the Wind"||#09||"Where Do We Go From Here"||#17||"With or Without You"|
|#02||"Puzzle With a Piece Missing"||#10||"The Bed's Too Big Without You"||#18||"When I Grow Up"|
|#03||"Got to Be Real"||#11||"All I Could Do Was Cry"||#19||"Crazy Love"|
|#04||"Only Mama Knows"||#12||"The Great Pretender"||#20||"One Flight Down"|
|#05||"Bend & Break"||#13||"Staring at the End"||#21||"How to Save a Life"|
|#06||"Don't Let's Start"||#14||"The Distance"||#22||"She's Leaving Home"|
|#07||"Could We Start Again, Please?"||#15||"I Feel the Earth Move"||#23||"Time Stops"|
|#08||"Risk"||#16||"Don't Dream It's Over"||#24||"You're My Home"|
|<< Season 10||Season 12 >>|