Emergency medicine is a medical specialty in which physicians care for patients with acute illnesses or injuries which require immediate medical attention. While not usually providing long-term or continuing care, emergency medicine physicians diagnose a variety of illnesses and undertake acute interventions to resuscitate and stabilize patients. It has been described as the front-line defense in treating patients.
Emergency medicine physicians practice in hospital emergency departments and the intensive care unit.
Notable Emergency Medicine PhysiciansEdit
- Dr. James Peterson (Attending Emergency Medicine Physician at St. Ambrose Hospital)
- Dr. Singh (Attending Emergency Medicine Physician at St. Ambrose Hospital)
- Dr. Jeremy Bennett (Emergency Medicine Resident at Seattle Grace Hospital)
- Toby (Emergency Medicine Physician at Dillard Medical Center)
- Anderson (Emergency Medicine Physician)
- Dr. Dominique Eldredge (Attending Emergency Medicine Physician at Tri-County Hospital)