The Emerald City Bar or "Joe's Bar" is located right across from Seattle Grace Hospital. Many of the hospital go there for dates or to relax after their shifts and many are friends with Joe the bartender who has owned the bar for more than 15 years.
When Joe had to go through a very expensive surgical procedure, he almost lost the bar because he did not have enough money. Fortunately, George found a loophole.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Many of the doctors have a Joe story.
- Bailey was the only female intern in her year and said Joe was the only one that really knew her.
- Derek and Meredith first met each other at Joe's bar (the night was also the first night they had sex).
- Alex's only friend in Season 1 was Joe, whose bar he went to every night.
- Lexie met Derek there for the first time.
- Burke had his bachelor party at Joe's.
- During early season 2, scenes at the bar were filmed at the former McMurphy's Restaurant & Tavern before a set replicating the bar was built. The real bar recently reopened as Der Wolfskopf gastropub, which is located at 72 N. Fair Oaks Avenue in Pasadena.
- Joe's bar is where Callie and Arizona met and kissed for the first time.
- Dr. Bones lives there.
- Both Alex and Cristina have worked at Joe's bar.