|Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 2|
|Season 5, episode 2|
|Cristina gets stabbed by an icicle.|
September 25, 2008
- "Once upon a time, happier ever after. The stories we tell are the stuff of dreams. Fairy tales don't come true. Reality is much stormier. Much murkier. Much scarier. Reality it’s so much more interesting than living happily ever after."
- —Meredith Grey
The icicle is removed from Cristina's chest. Owen Hunt kisses her and leaves. The chief becomes fierce and tells everyone that the protocol is changing. Rose transfers to peds and Callie and Erica decide to give their relationship a shot. Meredith and Derek remain on track.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Brooke Smith as Dr. Erica Hahn
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Mariette Hartley as Betty Kenner
- Lauren Stamile as Nurse Rose
- Cliff DeYoung as Phil Loomis
- John Getz as Michael Breyers
- Bernadette Peters as Sarabeth Breyers
- Kathy Baker as Anna Loomis
|"Mistaken Identity"||Steve Reynolds||
|"Skinny Love"||Bon Iver||
|"Never Bloom Again"||The Perishers||
|"And Then You"||Greg Laswell||
|"Crazy Ever After"||The Rescues||
|"White Horse"||Taylor Swift||
|"Another Door Closes"||Jont Whittington||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Dream a Little Dream of Me, originally sung by The Mamas & The Papas.
- This episode scored 18.31 million viewers.
- The episode begins roughly at 4:15pm.
- The episode finishes roughly at 2:30am.
- Denny Duquette appears in the second half of this episode yet he died in the season 2 finale.
- Vincent Kenner was never seen.
- Meredith: Okay, I built the house of candles, that is unprecedented in the Meredith chronicles.
- Derek: Fine, let's move in together.
- Meredith: Fine.
- Derek: Unless of course you just wanna go ahead and get married .... AHA! Gotcha! You wanna know where I learned that? It goes with the story of how I cut my hand.
- Richard: (to everyone) We used to be the best surgical program in the west, an upstart program that no one ever heard of, that blew everyone out of the water. Then overnight, we got old, entrenched and sloppy, just like everybody else. We've been resting on our laurels. You have all been failing...failing to take initiative, failing to ask tough questions, failing to practice your skills, failing to give opportunity to practice skills. And I let it happen. So you have not failed, we have failed. Well, it stops, and it stops now. People sliding over general surgery as though they will never see anything but a heart or a brain through the course of their career, as though blood from the heart doesn't make it's way through the whole body or the nerves don't travel past the brain stem. It's shoddy teaching and it makes for shoddy surgeons. We've failed. Get it? We all have. And it stops now. The surgical training protocol is officially changing, people. The bar has been raised. Consider your on notice.
- Meredith: You said Derek and I would never make it.
- Cristina: And then I was karmically impaled for saying it.
- Meredith: But you're right. I mean, people don't really have happily ever afters. People barely have ever afters. So why would Derek and I be any different?
- Cristina: Mer, why do you care what I think?
- Meredith: Because you're my person. And... if I'm going to do this, and be whole and healthy and be a warm, gooey person who lives with a boy, I need you. I need you on board. I need you to cheer me on. Because you're the only one who knows me darkly, really knows me. I need you to pretend that I can do this, even if you don't believe. Because if you abandon me now, I will never make it, and I will never get my happy ending and that's just...
- Cristina: Life.
- Meredith: I'm saying please here.
- Cristina: I think you and Derek will make it. You will make it work.
- Meredith: Are you just telling me what I wanna hear?
- Cristina: I am your person. I am on your side.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 5|
|#01||"Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 1"||#09||"In the Midnight Hour"||#17||"I Will Follow You Into the Dark"|
|#02||"Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 2"||#10||"All By Myself"||#18||"Stand By Me"|
|#03||"Here Comes the Flood"||#11||"Wish You Were Here"||#19||"Elevator Love Letter"|
|#04||"Brave New World"||#12||"Sympathy for the Devil"||#20||"Sweet Surrender"|
|#05||"There's No 'I' in Team"||#13||"Stairway to Heaven"||#21||"No Good at Saying Sorry (One More Chance)"|
|#06||"Life During Wartime"||#14||"Beat Your Heart Out"||#22||"What a Difference a Day Makes"|
|#07||"Rise Up”"||#15||"Before and After"||#23||"Here's to Future Days"|
|#08||"These Ties That Bind"||#16||"An Honest Mistake"||#24||"Now or Never"|
|<< Season 4||Season 6 >>|