|“||At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need.||”|
Miranda tries to make sure that Burke and Cristina are punished, but Richard feels otherwise. Meredith is spooked when her half-sister is admitted and George gets too involved in his father's case as the rest of the staff attempt to separate adult conjoined twins.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Isaiah Washington as Dr. Preston Burke
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- George Dzundza as Harold O'Malley
- Brooke Smith as Dr. Erica Hahn
- Debra Monk as Louise O'Malley
- Jennifer Aspen as Elena
- Greg Pitts as Jerry O'Malley
- Tim Griffin as Ronny O'Malley
- Mandy Siegfried as Molly Thompson
- Jason Sklar as Jake Weitzman
- Randy Sklar as Peter Weitzman
- Mare Winningham as Susan Grey
- Kate Burton as Ellis Grey
- Alzheimer's disease
- Residential care
- Stage III metastatic esophageal cancer
- Aortic regurgitation
- Porcine valve replacement
Harold, 63, was still awaiting his valve replacement. Callie checked on the progress of the healing of his broken clavicle. He became unstable before his surgery, but they were able to stabilize him and get him into surgery.
- Compressive hematoma to brachial plexus
- Derek Shepherd (neurosurgeon)
Webber told Burke that he wanted Derek to check out his hand, find the cause of the tremor. Burke eventually agreed to let Derek do it after attempting to find another neurosurgeon.
- Emergency c-section
Molly was admitted to the hospital for an emergency c-section at 36 weeks. When the baby was delivered, she wasn't breathing and had to be rushed into emergency surgery.
- Conjoined twinship
- Separation surgery
Jake and Pete, 35, conjoined twins, decided to have surgery to be separated as adults. They'd considered it six months prior, but opted out because of the risks. However, they reconsidered and were back to have the surgery. It was a complicated surgery, but the team of 22 surgeons successfully separated them.
- Jejunal atresia
- Addison Forbes Montgomery (neonatal surgeon)
When Laura was born, she wasn't breathing, so she was rushed into emergency surgery for jejunal atresia. The surgery was successful and she was taken to the NICU from there.
|"Show Me"||John Legend||
|"World Waits for You"||Son Volt||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Don't Stand So Close to Me, originally sung by The Police.
- This episode scored 24.01 million viewers.
- This episode only features the closing voiceover and does not feature the opening voiceover.
- Richard: Burke, you and Shepherd need to come together on this tremor as soon as possible.
- Derek: He doesn't want my help.
- Richard: Derek...
- Burke: I don't want his help.
- Richard: That hand is worth 2 million dollars. I want it fixed and I want it fixed yesterday. Figure it out!
- Bailey: I start to think I shouldn't be operating after the Duquette M&M, all the whispers and talk. I let that in and started to question myself, I believe it when I was told that I was no longer of use in the OR.
- Derek: Oh, so when you said you wanted justice you were talking about...
- Bailey: I'm a surgeon, there are lives in my hands and to make me question that—well that's like putting a life at stake every time that I hold a scalpel.
- Derek: I told Burke I could fix his hand and...
- Bailey: Well, you did. I mean, he is not paralyzed or- or disabled in anyway. He has a tremor and if he had been honest about that well, then there's no telling what you could've done to prevent it.
- (about the case with the conjoined twins)
- Alex: I'm calling it. It's mine.
- George: I have two brothers. I feel their pain.
- Izzie: I would be great at watching this.
- Bailey: Zip it. All of you.
- Alex: We're all on the case, right?
- Bailey: (reluctantly) Right.
- George: Yes!
- Alex: Awesome.
- Bailey: Stevens. You are to---
- Izzie: Look and not touch or speak or breathe. I got it.
- Mark: So this is the crack team, huh?
- Bailey: Feel free to take one.
- Mark: How about I take the one who doesn't touch, or speak or breathe?
- Izzie: (under her breath) Great.
- Hahn: You remind me of myself when I was an intern.
- Cristina: I do?
- Hahn: Focused, intense, cold, and I don't mean that as a bad thing, cold is good. The dating, the friends and the family, if you ask me, it's all overrated.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 3|
|#01||"Time Has Come Today"||#10||"Don't Stand So Close to Me"||#19||"My Favorite Mistake"|
|#02||"I Am a Tree"||#11||"Six Days, Part 1"||#20||"Time After Time"|
|#03||"Sometimes a Fantasy"||#12||"Six Days, Part 2"||#21||"Desire"|
|#04||"What I Am"||#13||"Great Expectations"||#22||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 1"|
|#05||"Oh, the Guilt"||#14||"Wishin' and Hopin'"||#23||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 2"|
|#06||"Let the Angels Commit"||#15||"Walk on Water"||#24||"Testing 1-2-3"|
|#07||"Where the Boys Are"||#16||"Drowning on Dry Land"||#25||"Didn't We Almost Have It All?"|
|#08||"Staring at the Sun"||#17||"Some Kind of Miracle"|
|#09||"From a Whisper to a Scream"||#18||"Scars and Souvenirs"|
|<< Season 2||Season 4 >>|