|“||Being chief is about responsibility. Every single surgical patient in a hospital is your patient. Whether you're the one who cut them open or not. The scalpel stops with you. You need to be able to look at her family. And to tell them your team did everything they could to save someone's child. Their husband, their wife, you get caught up. Taking care about the people´s families. And responsibility... it makes you... you take care of other people's families. And you sacrifice your own.||”|
The wedding day arrives, and Cristina desperately needs something to take her mind off it, the fourth climber is found and his condition doesn't match the other climbers' stories, and Adele's condition brings a change for Richard.
Episode in detail.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Isaiah Washington as Dr. Preston Burke
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Elizabeth Reaser as Jane Doe/Rebecca Pope/Ava
- Jason London as Jeff Pope
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Steven W. Bailey as Joe
- Tsai Chin as Helen Rubenstein
- Aasha Davis as Rina
- Kevin Rankin as Jack Vaughan
- Brian Tee as Andy Meltzer
- Jack Yang as Walter
- Derek Phillips as Dale Winick
- Robin Pearson Rose as Patricia
- Loretta Devine as Adele Webber
- Diahann Carroll as Jane Burke
- Ajay Vidure as Intern 1
- Candice Afia as Intern 2
- Artie O'Daly as Intern 3
- Joseph Williamson as Intern 4
- Traber Burns as Andy's Lawyer
- Placental abruption
- Dilation and curettage
Adele had vaginal bleeding. Addison did an ultrasound and found a fetal heartbeat, but it was slow. She gave fluids and they waited for the heartbeat to return to normal. When she became unstable later, she was taken to the OR for a D&C.
- Aortic dissection
- C-section delivery
Rina was admitted to the hospital after passing out with extreme chest pain. Burke diagnosed her with a dissecting aorta. They got her into surgery, but she quickly flatlined, so Addison had to deliver both babies quickly so Burke could operate on her heart. She woke up after surgery and was fine.
- Head trauma
Lonnie was brought into the ER with an axe in his head. Derek took him into surgery to remove the axe and repair the damage.
Jack was still in the hospital recovering from his injuries.
- Derek Shepherd (neurosurgeon)
Andy was still in the hospital recovering from his injuries. Derek said his post-op x-rays looked good and he would be released.
Dale was still in the hospital recovering from his injuries.
Cristina did the first incision on a patient who needed surgery before Bailey took over.
Rebecca and her daughter were both discharged to go home.
|"Roboxulla"||The Jealous Girlfriends||
|"Falling or Flying"||Grace Potter||
|"Hold You In My Arms"||Ray LaMontagne||
|"Within You"||Ray LaMontagne||
|"Explosions"||The Mary Onettes||
|"Keep Breathing"||Ingrid Michaelson||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Didn't We Almost Have It All?, originally sung by Whitney Houston.
- It also refers to how Burke left Cristina at the altar, meaning they didn't have it all.
- This episode scored 22.57 million viewers.
- The wedding scenes were filmed at the First Baptist Church of Los Angeles.
- This episode marks the final appearances of Kate Walsh and Isaiah Washington to appear as Addison Montgomery and Preston Burke respectively, as series regulars.
- This episode also marks the the first credited appearance of Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey. She first appeared in the previous episode, Testing 1-2-3 as a stranger in Joe's bar talking to Derek, but she was not named and thus was uncredited.
- Richard tells Addison she either needs a new job or a new life; yet, when she chooses to move to Los Angeles to work at a private practice, he's opposed to her decisions and asks her numerous times to stay or come back.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Burke: Cristina; I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there in sickness and in health. I could say 'til death do us part, but I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope.
- Addison: Okay, um...
- Burke: I am not optimistic, I am not. I am sure. I am steady. And I know I am a heart man, take them apart, put them back together. I hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this, I am sure. You are my partner, my lover, my very best friend. My heart, my heart, beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you, me. Too trite? Because I can rewrite it...
- Izzie: No. No. It's...
- Addison: I think I speak for every woman here when I say... dump her. Dump Yang and marry me.
- (standing in the living room in Burke's apartment with Meredith)
- Cristina: He's gone.
- Meredith Grey: I... I don't think he's gone. His stuff is still here...
- Cristina: No. His trumpet was here. His entire Eugene Foote collection, vinyls and CDs. (walking over to the bedroom) His grandmother's picture was by the bed. His luckiest scrub cap was hanging on the door. He's gone. I'm... I'm free. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit!
- (Cristina breaks down.)
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 3|
|#01||"Time Has Come Today"||#10||"Don't Stand So Close to Me"||#19||"My Favorite Mistake"|
|#02||"I Am a Tree"||#11||"Six Days, Part 1"||#20||"Time After Time"|
|#03||"Sometimes a Fantasy"||#12||"Six Days, Part 2"||#21||"Desire"|
|#04||"What I Am"||#13||"Great Expectations"||#22||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 1"|
|#05||"Oh, the Guilt"||#14||"Wishin' and Hopin'"||#23||"The Other Side of This Life, Part 2"|
|#06||"Let the Angels Commit"||#15||"Walk on Water"||#24||"Testing 1-2-3"|
|#07||"Where the Boys Are"||#16||"Drowning on Dry Land"||#25||"Didn't We Almost Have It All?"|
|#08||"Staring at the Sun"||#17||"Some Kind of Miracle"|
|#09||"From a Whisper to a Scream"||#18||"Scars and Souvenirs"|
|<< Season 2||Season 4 >>|