Debbie was a nurse at Seattle Grace Hospital.
When Cristina Yang annoyed her by dismissing her rudely when she asked about Shane Herman, Debbie got revenge by paging her constantly for disgusting cases (at one point, one of those patients vomited on Cristina). ("Something to Talk About")
When Sophie Larson was hospitalized, Debbie was one of her nurses. When George inquired about why Sophie hadn't yet left the hospital, Debbie said it's because she's not a bouncer. She complained about the lack of resources and staffing in the hospital. ("Tell Me Sweet Little Lies")
When the understaffing pushed them to the breaking point, the second-shift nurses did a sick out and Debbie delivered official notice to Richard that they were going on strike in ten days. ("Tell Me Sweet Little Lies")
While walking the picket line, Debbie, along with Olivia and Joe, asked George to go in to check on their patients. ("Break on Through")
She also later provided the hospital blueprints, which showed that the bomb was directly over the hospital's main oxygen line. ("As We Know It")
When Shawn Beglight came into the hospital with a head injury, Debbie was one of his nurses. She assisted the doctors when they had to drill a burr hole in his hospital room and then Rick, Shawn's father, threw up on her. ("What Have I Done to Deserve This?")
She dated Dr. Taylor for a time. They bonded over doing crosswords together in the OR and he eventually used a crossword joke to ask her out on a date. Things broke off between them because she didn't like that he didn't like to do anything that didn't involve alcohol. After they split, she kept being drawn to him, even though she knew it was a bad idea. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
Much of her family is made of doctors, including her late Uncle Pete, who died on Thanksgiving Day, Aunt Lucy, her sister Val, all her cousins, and her Great-Grandma Byrd.
She worked at Seattle Grace as a nurse from the time of Ellis Grey and remained until at least Meredith Grey's second year of residency. She was a large part of the nurses' strike when the hospital was understaffed. ("Break on Through")
Before working at SGH, she worked at County Hospital. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
Notes and TriviaEdit
- She has an official blog.
- She enjoys blogging, playing darts, tormenting surgical interns, and karaoke. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- Her pet peeves include patients who hoard their medication, loud neighbors, anesthesiologists, and changing bed pans. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- Things she loves include her cat, Skittles; Joe's bar; traveling, and her job. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- Her favorite food is chocolate croissants and her least favorite is hospital pudding. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- She was Seattle Grace Hospital Nurse of the Year for at least five years in a row. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- She's the reining Karaoke champion at Emerald City Bar. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- She won the darts tournament at Joe's. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- She makes New Year's Resolutions every year and always breaks them. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
- She owns the Scrabble board Izzie Stevens used to play with Denny. In exchanged for its use, Izzie taught Debbie to knit. ("Notes from the Nurses' Station")
|Grey's Anatomy, Season 2|