When he first arrived at Seattle Grace, he became close with Izzie Stevens - so much so that she gave him the code the research library, but lost her trust when he was caught bragging to Reed Adamson and April Kepner about making her his "surgical bitch". He later apologized, stating that they could be friends outside the hospital, but not inside.
A friendly relationship between him and Miranda Bailey developed while on his death bed. She held his hand the entire time and he confessed to her that she was his favorite surgeon. Those were his last words.
At the time of his death, Charles was in his third year of residency.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Charles was often called upon to do heavy lifting and moving due to his large size.
- He once fainted while holding an axe in place while Miranda Bailey operated on a patient.
- He got along exceptionally well with Jackson Avery.
- He and Jackson Avery often referred to Alex Karev as douchey.
- He once teased Callie Torres about flirting with a patient.
- He donated blood.
- In the face of death, Charles was extremely brave.
- In If/Then, an alternate reality, Charles is alive, remains a resident after Seattle Grace Hospital absorbed Mercy West Medical Center, and is infatuated with April Kepner.
- His final words were "You were always my favorite doctor. I thought you should -"
- He was in love with Dr. Reed Adamson, who was also killed in the shooting.
|Grey's Anatomy, Season 6|
|Grey's Anatomy, Season 8|