Charles transferred from Mercy West to the newly formed Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. He instantly started sucking up to Izzie Stevens, even confessing to her that he had a crush on Reed Adamson. She believed he was genuine, but he later bragged to the other Mercy West residents that he had made her his bitch. He later apologized, stating that they could be friends outside the hospital, but not inside. ("Invasion")
Charles donated blood immediately before going to the ER to treat patients from a hotel fire. When he arrived in the ER, he was told to hold an axe imbedded in a patient steady. However, he fainted and pulled the axe out. On his way down, he was hit in the head with the axe and needed stitches. He was later investigated with the other doctors when a patient died under suspicious circumstances. ("I Saw What I Saw")
Reed Flirting for SurgeryEdit
When Charles saw Reed flirting with Alex and implying that she'd trade sexual favors for the chance to scrub in, he confronted her about it, but she brushed him off. ("Blink")
A friendly relationship between him and Miranda Bailey developed while on his death bed. She held his hand the entire time and he confessed to her that she was his favorite surgeon. Those were his last words.
He had a crush on Reed Adamson, but never told her.
He claims he once didn't talk to his family for an entire car ride across the country, which took ten days and crossed fifteen states. ("Invasion")
At the time of his death, Charles was in his third year of residency.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Charles was often called upon to do heavy lifting and moving due to his large size.
- He once teased Callie Torres about flirting with a patient.
- He donated blood. ("I Saw What I Saw")
- In the face of death, Charles was extremely brave. ("Death and All His Friends")
- In If/Then, an alternate reality, Charles is alive, remains a resident after Seattle Grace Hospital absorbed Mercy West Medical Center, and is infatuated with April Kepner.
- His final words were "You were always my favorite doctor. I thought you should -" ("Death and All His Friends")
|Grey's Anatomy, Season 6|
|Grey's Anatomy, Season 8|