Caterina Scorsone is a Canadian actress. She was born in October 16, 1981 in Toronto, Ontario. She is best known for her role as Amelia Shepherd in Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy, as well as for her role as Alice Hamilton in Alice.
Scorsone is married to Rob Giles, with whom she has two children.
- The November Man (2014)
- Edge of Darkness (2010)
- Ny-lon (2009)
- My Horrible Year! (2001)
- Borderline Normal (2001)
- Common Ground (2000)
- Rated X (2000)
- The Third Miracle (1999)
- The Devil's Arithmetic (1999)
- Teen Knight (1999)
- Rescuers: Stories of Courage: Two Families (1998)
- All I Wanna Do (1998)
- When the Dark Man Calls (1995)
- Shock Treatment (1995)
- Grey's Anatomy (2010-)
- Private Practice (2010-2013)
- Alice (mini-series) (2009)
- Castle (2009)
- Crash (2008-2009)
- The Guard (2008)
- The Border (2008)
- 1-800-Missing (2003-2006)
- The Associates (2002)
- Power Play (1998-2000)
- Goosebumps (1996-1998)
- Once a Thief (1998)
- PSI Factor:Chronicles of the Paranormal (1996)
- Flash Forward (1996)
- Ready or Not (1996)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Caterina watched the first season of Grey's while she studied for her finals for her bachelor's degree. It made her want to be a doctor, but after a six week lecture series, she realized she didn't want to be a doctor but just play one on television, which is why she moved to Los Angeles.
- There's a spotlight piece on Caterina on the season 11 DVD.
- She's close friends with Sarah Drew, with whom she also hangs out outside of work. For example, they hung out at Sarah's house to watch Unbreak My Heart.
- She's been a midwife's assistant, so she doesn't feel uncomfortable around blood.
- Caterina knows her character very well and she always checks the script to make sure everything is in line with what she already understands of Amelia.
- When on Private Practice, Caterina learned how to do sutures as Amelia had to suture up her own hand.
- Caterina's favorite episodes are It's the End of the World, As We Know It, Sanctuary, Death and All His Friends, and Do You Know?.
- What Caterina loves most about Amelia is the fact that because of all she's been through, she doesn't try to be appropriate in situations.
- Caterina maintains a great friendship with all her Private Practice colleagues.
- Caterina Scorsone and Kate Walsh play the only two characters to be part of the main cast of both shows.