Caterina was born in October 16, 1981 in Toronto, Ontario. She is the middle child of five siblings, which includes two older twin sisters, and a younger brother and sister. At a young age, she and her siblings would pretend to put on a show in their living room, where her older sister was the director and the rest of the children were actors. She started professional acting at the age of 8, on a children's show. She attended the University of Toronto where she earned a BA in Arts and Science.
Caterina married Rob Giles on June 27, 2007. They have two children.
- The November Man (2014)
- Edge of Darkness (2010)
- Ny-lon (2009)
- My Horrible Year! (2001)
- Borderline Normal (2001)
- Common Ground (2000)
- Rated X (2000)
- The Third Miracle (1999)
- The Devil's Arithmetic (1999)
- Teen Knight (1999)
- Rescuers: Stories of Courage: Two Families (1998)
- All I Wanna Do (1998)
- When the Dark Man Calls (1995)
- Shock Treatment (1995)
- Grey's Anatomy (2010-)
- Private Practice (2010-2013)
- Alice (mini-series) (2009)
- Castle (2009)
- Crash (2008-2009)
- The Guard (2008)
- The Border (2008)
- 1-800-Missing (2003-2006)
- The Associates (2002)
- Power Play (1998-2000)
- Goosebumps (1996-1998)
- Once a Thief (1998)
- PSI Factor:Chronicles of the Paranormal (1996)
- Flash Forward (1996)
- Ready or Not (1996)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Caterina watched the first season of Grey's while she studied for her finals for her bachelor's degree. It made her want to be a doctor, but after a six week lecture series, she realized she didn't want to be a doctor but just play one on television, which is why she moved to Los Angeles.
- There's a spotlight piece on Caterina on the season 11 DVD.
- She's close friends with Sarah Drew, with whom she also hangs out outside of work. For example, they hung out at Sarah's house to watch Unbreak My Heart.
- She's been a midwife's assistant, so she doesn't feel uncomfortable around blood.
- Caterina knows her character very well and she always checks the script to make sure everything is in line with what she already understands of Amelia.
- When on Private Practice, Caterina learned how to do sutures as Amelia had to suture up her own hand.
- Caterina's favorite episodes are It's the End of the World, As We Know It, Sanctuary, Death and All His Friends, and Do You Know?.
- She is a qualified canoe instructor and also enjoys kayaking and swimming.
- What Caterina loves most about Amelia is the fact that because of all she's been through, she doesn't try to be appropriate in situations.
- Caterina maintains a great friendship with all her Private Practice colleagues.
- Caterina Scorsone and Kate Walsh play the only two characters to be part of the main cast of both shows.