|Brave New World|
|Season 5, episode 4|
|Cristina, Meredith, and Izzie relax in the dermatology wing of the hospital.|
October 16, 2008
- "In 6500 BC, some guy looked at his sick friend and said "I have an idea. Why don't I drill a hole in your skull? It'll make you feel better." And thus surgery was born. It takes a certain brand of crazy to come up with an idea like drilling into somebody's skull, but surgeons have always been a confident bunch. We usually know what we're doing and when we don't, we still act like we do. We walk boldly into undiscovered country, plant a flag and start ordering people around. It's invigorating and terrifying. We like to think we're fearless, eager to explore unknown lands and soak up new experiences, but the fact is, we're always terrified. Maybe the terror is part of the attraction. Some people go to horror movies. We cut things open. Dive into dark water. And at the end of the day, isn't that what you'd rather to hear about? If you've got one drink and one friend and 45 minutes. Smooth rides make for boring stories. A little calamity. Now that's worth talking about."
- —Meredith Grey
Alex and Izzie fight over a patient. Cristina discovers the less challenging, Dermatology. George receives the results of his exam and Lexie fails to be noticed by him.
Full Summary Edit
Episode in detail
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
- Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- T.R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
- Brooke Smith as Dr. Erica Hahn
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
- Amy Aquino as Marianne Grandy
- Larry Brandenburg as Arnie Grandy
- Bre Blair as Lauren Pailey
- John Sloan as David Pailey
- Steven W. Bailey as Joe
- Kathleen Early as Dr. Daisy Pepman
- Max Burkholder as Duncan Pailey
- Carol Ann Susi as Mrs. Borsokowski
- Candice Afia as Intern Laura
- Amrapali Ambegaokar as Intern Dani
- Tymberlee Chanel as Intern Claire
- Gloria Garayua as Intern Graciella
- Molly Kidder as Intern Megan
- Mark Saul as Intern Steve
- Winston Story as Intern Leo
- Joseph Williamson as Intern Pierce
- Ann Russo as ER Nurse
|"Altogether Now"||Patrick & Eugene||
|"My Love"||The Bird and the Bee||
|"Big Jumps"||Emilíana Torrini||
|"Done With You"||The Whitest Boy Alive||
|"One of Those Days"||Joshua Radin||
|"Ain't Gonna Lose You"||Brett Dennen||
|"Love to Me"||Bernadette Moley||
|"My Heart With You"||The Rescues||
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode's title originated from the song Brave New World, originally sung by Iron Maiden.
- This episode scored 14.57 million viewers.
- Izzie: Give me back my surgery or I'll shoot your ass off!
- Cristina: We are not happy, glowy people.
- Izzie: Yeah.
- Cristina: We need to get out of here.
- Meredith: Yeah
- Hahn: Lie to me again and the only heart you'll ever see is yours as I'm cutting it out of your chest with a steak knife.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 5|
|#01||"Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 1"||#09||"In the Midnight Hour"||#17||"I Will Follow You Into the Dark"|
|#02||"Dream a Little Dream of Me, Part 2"||#10||"All By Myself"||#18||"Stand By Me"|
|#03||"Here Comes the Flood"||#11||"Wish You Were Here"||#19||"Elevator Love Letter"|
|#04||"Brave New World"||#12||"Sympathy for the Devil"||#20||"Sweet Surrender"|
|#05||"There's No 'I' in Team"||#13||"Stairway to Heaven"||#21||"No Good at Saying Sorry (One More Chance)"|
|#06||"Life During Wartime"||#14||"Beat Your Heart Out"||#22||"What a Difference a Day Makes"|
|#07||"Rise Up”"||#15||"Before and After"||#23||"Here's to Future Days"|
|#08||"These Ties That Bind"||#16||"An Honest Mistake"||#24||"Now or Never"|
|<< Season 4||Season 6 >>|