Charlotte's attacker, Lee McHenry, arrives at St. Ambrose Hospital, injured by his girlfriend and in need of urgent care, and Sam and Charlotte must decide whether or not to save his life. Meanwhile, Susan's health takes a turn for the worse, and Addison's mother, Bizzy, begs her daughter to do everything in her power to help.
Episode in detail.
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Tim Daly as Dr. Pete Wilder
- Audra McDonald as Dr. Naomi Bennett
- Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman
- KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King
- Brian Benben as Dr. Sheldon Wallace
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett
- Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner (credit only)
- JoBeth Williams as Bizzy Montgomery
- Ann Cusack as Susan Grant
- Annette O'Toole as Janet
- Cristián de la Fuente as Dr. Eric Rodriguez
- Nicholas Brendon as Lee McHenry
- Jeanette Brox as Lizzie Hagan
- Meg Wolf as Nancy
- Sara Giller as Susan's Nurse
- Marlon John as Police Officer
- Nichole Ambriz as Trauma Nurse
- Anne Leyden as ICU Nurse
- Rhonda Marie as E.R. Nurse
- Central line
Susan was brought into the ER. They suspected sepsis and treated her. She was stabilized and they started antibiotics. She responded to antibiotics. She later had trouble breathing. Addison suspected she'd thrown a clot, but since Susan had signed a DNR, she couldn't use extraordinary measures to save her and Susan died in the hospital.
Lizzie was a veteran who had lost one eye in the war and had diminished vision in the other because of shrapnel. Pete called Amelia in for a consult. They hoped she'd be able to remove the shrapnel to restore full vision to Lizzie's functional eye. Amelia ran some scans and said that the shrapnel was pressing up against the optic nerve. Amelia said the surgery was risky, but Lizzie decided she wanted it. After surgery, she was completely blind.
While breastfeeding, Natasha started turning blue. Her mother was accidentally smothering her. Sam and Amelia resuscitated her.
- Stab wound
- Sam Bennett (cardiothoracic surgeon)
Lee came into the ER with a knife in his chest after being stabbed. The blade went through lung tissue and punctured his heart. They had to wait until his blood started clotting better before they could operate. Lee later started crashing and coughing up blood. Once he stabilized, Sam took him into surgery to remove the knife. After surgery, he was stable in the ICU.
|"Things Fall Apart"||The Sweet Hurt||
|"This is Not the Answer"||Jon Black||
|"Hour of Need"||David J. Roch||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode scored 7.26 million viewers.
Behind the ScenesEdit
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Private Practice Season 4|
|#01||"Take Two"||#09||"Can't Find My Way Back Home"||#17||"A Step Too Far"|
|#02||"Short Cuts"||#10||"Just Lose It"||#18||"The Hardest Part"|
|#03||"Playing God"||#11||"If You Don't Know Me By Now"||#19||"What We Have Here..."|
|#04||"A Better Place to Be"||#12||"Heaven Can Wait"||#20||"Something Old, Something New"|
|#05||"In or Out"||#13||"Blind Love"||#21||"God Bless the Child"|
|#06||"All in the Family"||#14||"Home Again"||#22||"...To Change the Things I Can"|
|#07||"Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King?"||#15||"Two Steps Back"|
|#08||"What Happens Next"||#16||"Love and Lies"|
|<< Season 3||Season 5 >>|